Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RAID anyone

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,471 ✭✭✭elexes

/me strokes his hot case ...

good raptors u make a nice set

• Registered Users Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

Thats a very strange review!! They spend two pages benchmarking multimedia creation. Those sort of benchmarks are designed to benchmark processors as they are processor intensive tasks. Naturally there is going to be a minor difference.

However the benchamarks on the speed of levels loading is somewhat confusing. I would have thought this is where the single most performance increase will be experienced. Loading a level in Far Cry for example would in my opinion be perfect conditions. But there is no performace increase at all. Yet there is a 25% increase in UT2004?? I am confused!

Interesting and if its true, suggests that it was 100 euro down the drain.. Ah well :)

• Registered Users Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

Read the conclusion....

I put 2 x 36Gb Raptors into RAID 0 array there two days ago.

No improvement in Video Rendering Rates :mad: but System is just as responsive when Im encoding as if i wasnt :)

In PCMark 2002 my HDD score went from ~1000 to ~2500. Memory score went up by about 1000 aswell for some reason. :)

Most noticable was my windows loading time, very fast indeed. :)

I'd be delighted when RAID 5 comes on the chipsets, RAID 0 performance with data security

• Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

Damm straight 2xraptors makes a difference in raid 0.

Using 2 74gb raptors in raid 0 on my main pc and load times for windows, apps and games is much much faster now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭Redrocket

dempsey you must have all of extra vision encoded by now.....

• Advertisement
  • Moderators Posts: 5,558 ✭✭✭Azza

Just read that review two days after my second 74gig raptor arrived. I must say I have noticed a speed increase in windows install , load time and shutdown time. Far Cry loaded faster for me as well.

Nothing hugely significant. I'm on the 74 gig raptors which are suppose to be fastet and on pc mark 2002 I jumped from 1400 or so to 2325...weird considering those larger raptors are suppose to be faster.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

Originally posted by stevenk
    dempsey you must have all of extra vision encoded by now.....

W00t, I only copy films that I own:D

Advertisement