Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BFV: Splash Screen then CTD!

Options
  • 01-07-2004 7:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭

Just installed the custom maps from the zip, downloaded from redbrick, and then went to run BFV with no joy, splash screen, then dead.

Anyone have a fix for this apart from reinstalling? Rather hold onto my settings etc.

Could also have something to so qith Alcohol, I 'mounted' (teehee), a GTA cd iso so my neice here could play it, but made sure to unmount it and reboot afterward.

Any help appreciated.

Luc

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Using a no cd?

kdjac

• Registered Users Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭Lucutus

Nah, BFV one of those games where the disc never leaves the tray :)

Luc

• Registered Users Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭LoBo

Moi Aussi.

Fix- remove the custom maps from the custom folder.

(anyone care to explain why BFV won't load if there's extra maps in that folder?)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭Lucutus

Aye, just discovered that Lobo, thanks.

I had created a folder to move the new maps into, didn't help. Just tried deleting that folder, and the game runs again!

Perhaps a dodgy map in that pack? Or a size limit on the levels folder? Already had two other custom maps in there...

Luc

• Registered Users Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭bizmark

Lost village doesnt work it stops vietnam from loading just remove that map and all is well

/me off to sue rev ed :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement