Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Star Trek: Temporal Incursion (Irish Trek Fan Movie Project)

• 01-07-2004 10:29pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,245 ✭✭✭

Here's just some tester footage i put together the other day using cgi that the admiral sent me. It's nothing special and it's a bit rough cus i never deinterlaced the video, resulting in the ship looking a little distorted, but check it out anyways and tell me what u think.

http://homepage.ntlworld.ie/steven.kavanagh/TestFootage.wmv

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,730 ✭✭✭✭simu

Cool if a bit rough - get rid of the de rossa poster though!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,245 ✭✭✭MrVestek

Lol i can't help that, it was there when i filmed the footage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭bizmark

Dont like it shuttle looks pritty bad tbh

The only reason for that is... well there's two reasons. a) the file theadmiral sent me was of the lowest quality possible so it'd send to my hotmail addy (yes i have to use it now cus of no home net access...) and b) i didn't bother to deinterlace the footage... which makes the shuttle looks kinda blurry as it's moving. If i had deinterlaced it tho it'd look fine. Anyways as i said yes it is rough but there's nothing i can do about that till i get my net connection back home sorted out. Which should be pretty soon as i think i've gotten myself a job which i can use, moneywise, to get my home net connection back up...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,148 ✭✭✭✭Raskolnikov

As bad as that was, I've seen worst in films which actually had budgets. I assume in the film that you'll actually have people noticing a massive space ship flying overhead. . .

• Advertisement

Lol of course... that was just footage i filmed to use as a mock up to the real intro to the movie..... and just used one section to play around with adding cgi. Yes i know it looks bad but it's alright. In the movie itself tho the ship will be cloaked... and only the fed people with special eye device thingies will be able to see it... I have an idea for the movie that whilst the ship is crashing towards earth, cloaked, to have some guy dressed in skanger gear perhaps smoking a joint (yes i know it's not really trek like... but will make for a funny moment in the film) cus he's so spaced out can actually kinda see it, barely... goes 'what the hell?!' in a typical shwarrrr storrreeeeee kinda voice, looks at his joint, puts it out and walks away. Ohh also he'll be leaning against the heiniken building as this happens ;-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 348 ✭✭Fuhrio

Yay, your going with my skanger and the joint idea after all.

Btw, are we going to have cursing in this movie unlike normal star trek, cos in your little film there you say "what the **** was that!"

btw it looked pretty good if youcan just get the quality of the ship up a bit it should be great.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,043 ✭✭✭✭Stark

I laughed hard at that "what the fook was that" bit. The whole dubliner reaction to the future people sounds like it could be the best part of this film.

Could you pm me the script so far? I want to see if I have any suggestions :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

"What the fuck was that!!

Its an election poster btw.
    "Defintaly DeRossa"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Are Skangers performing the same role as Klingons? Will many die? ;)

Mike.

• Advertisement

"Got a light bud?"
    (Evil alien vapourizes him with phaser).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

been watching this project being developed through the message boards with interest and I liked the clip i have one or two questions.

would it not be possible to see the person saying "what the **** was that?" for example he could be with one of his mates walking up the street when the ship passes overhead.

What about the time of day the ship crashlands. If it is flying over Dublin in the middle of the day and you want to show this you will need to have several people on the street to look up at it as it passes.

Is the ship going to be leaking plasma or smoke trailing behind it as it passes.

personally I liked the clip as rough as it was.

Yeah i plan to have plasma trails and smoke and that kinda thing. Also the ship crashing will actually be a danube class, not a delta flyer. Delta flyer was all i had to work with at the time. In the past of the film with the skanger he might say what the hell is that, in keeping with trekness. Also the ship itself will be cloaked as it's crashing so that no one will see it (it'll explain no one reacting to it) but whatever altered state of mind this skanger fella is in, he can partially see it flying over head, looks at it, 'what the hell was dat boyiz?' looks at his joint, throws it and walks away in the typical chicken like skanger fashion. Erm, there is no script as of yet, there needs to be some sort of meetup arranged to get one going. Also different jobs and the like need to be handed out and tell me what skills you can bring to the project, just general ideas, erm, ohh someone who has experience with particle illusion or can get a copy of it would be a great help, for adding smoke trails and that kinda thing to the video. Erm yeah i think that's about it...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,730 ✭✭✭✭simu

Originally posted by Jimeatsmenu
    "What the fuck was that!!

Its an election poster btw.
    "Defintaly DeRossa"

Maybe you could modify the poster to look like Riker - that would mess with people's heads nicely!

I could easilly... 'Vote Captain Riker of the USS Titan'... but nah i can't be arsed to be honest, lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

Originally posted by Achilles
    Yeah i plan to have plasma trails and smoke and that kinda thing. Also the ship crashing will actually be a danube class, not a delta flyer. Delta flyer was all i had to work with at the time. In the past of the film with the skanger he might say what the hell is that, in keeping with trekness. Also the ship itself will be cloaked as it's crashing so that no one will see it (it'll explain no one reacting to it) but whatever altered state of mind this skanger fella is in, he can partially see it flying over head, looks at it, 'what the hell was dat boyiz?' looks at his joint, throws it and walks away in the typical chicken like skanger fashion. Erm, there is no script as of yet, there needs to be some sort of meetup arranged to get one going. Also different jobs and the like need to be handed out and tell me what skills you can bring to the project, just general ideas, erm, ohh someone who has experience with particle illusion or can get a copy of it would be a great help, for adding smoke trails and that kinda thing to the video. Erm yeah i think that's about it...

how about "what in jaysus name was that"

it would still have the dublinese dialogue in it.

what the feck. there's an irishism for ya. i think feck would work, as it's not really a curse... kinda... sorta...

I think you should remember this is set in our time not the feddys uber pc world we do say **** etc

also leave the poster its detail like that which makes a city a city on screen i think

Yeah you have to allow your own uniqueness to come through in the project. You can't be all "but rick berman wouldn't do that" :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 175 ✭✭vgar

This looks like it could be a laugh! :-) Nice job, a little rough, but you gotta start somewhere...

• Advertisement

I would have complied with Rick Bermen's view of trek... up untill about 3 years ago.... aherm... ENTERPRISE. Nuff said ;-) That's a whole different thread though really. And erm bizmark... what were u sayin about the city? Didn't quite make your point clear.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 630 ✭✭✭LastIrishMonkey

that was a total irish reaction too anything there (what the **** was that) :D

:-) Ok 'what the feck is that' or something similiar... seems acceptable to me :-)

Ok guys i've had an idea. I'm thinking of setting up a website for this project with the help of someone here who is a good web designer. Best i've managed to come up with was www.stevetrek.tk and that wasn't very good. Someone who's good with graphics.. maybe someone else to work on the html and other scripting if needed. Downloads of my various beam in outs and WIP project files, IE samples of the solar system pan... samples of the CGI (done by myself... erm... badly :D) all that kinda stuff. Also information about the project, the general plot... a script submissions page, maybe even a competition for the best script based on what we have so far, and for it to get put into action and filmed. Erm.. a page for people to offer equipment loans and that kinda thing, and i'll set up a paypal account to help cover for stuff we might need to rent or buy (ie costumes and that kinda thing). What do you guys think? Who's willing to help me out? I've already reserved www.temporalincursion.tk so it's underway. Please people, try be a bit more enthusiastic about this. Ohh also, the gay trekkies group recommended 5 or 6 different irish sites to post news and stuff and ask for help with on the site itself so i'll start emailing them when i get my home internet access back (which will be during the week, providing NTL aren't being arses about it).

Comments... sugestions... you know the drill.

Hailing Frequencies Open!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,633 ✭✭✭stormkeeper

Achilles wrote:
    I have an idea for the movie that whilst the ship is crashing towards earth, cloaked, to have some guy dressed in skanger gear perhaps smoking a joint (yes i know it's not really trek like... but will make for a funny moment in the film) cus he's so spaced out can actually kinda see it, barely... goes 'what the hell?!' in a typical shwarrrr storrreeeeee kinda voice, looks at his joint, puts it out and walks away. Ohh also he'll be leaning against the heiniken building as this happens ;-)

Damn, that would be priceless!

Hrm yeah probably, pity it's never gonna happen...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,633 ✭✭✭stormkeeper

Yeh, that's true... :(

Doesn't look like this movie project will ever get off the ground cus nobody seems interested here at all. I mean i asked months ago for script ideas and draughts but has anyone bothered? Have they feck...

Its your project not ours its up to you to write the script etc t

• Advertisement

Yeah but i'm not very good at that kinda thing and i asked for imput and suchlike that and people said they'd help out, that's why i'm annoyed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,463 ✭✭✭shinzon

emm excuse me but several of us did write scripts and story ideas and were all rejected out of hand for being 2 expensive to produce, why not gather up all the ideas in those and hammer out something with them. youll have a script in no time

Shin

excuse me, nobody sent me a full script... ever. ideas yes, not a script tho.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 348 ✭✭Fuhrio

none of us are writers, we can come up with ideas ok, but were not good at scripts, it is pretty hard.

+ i dont really know enough about the technical side of trek to write one.

Yeah ahh i'm not having a go.. i'm just scrapping this cus nobody really seems interested... so that is that.

Advertisement