Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Heels you like / Faces you dislike

• 01-07-2004 10:48pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭

Heels I like

Flair
    Christian
    Heyman
    La Resistance
    Renee Dupree
    Orton
    Bischoff
    Chavo Guerrero
    Angle (the wrestler)

Faces I dislike

Edge
    Cena
    Hurricane & Rosey
    Rey Mysterio
    Rikishi
    Jim Ross
    Rhyno
    Regal

Now, before people start saying about the above, I quite like Regal the heel, but dont particularly like him as a face.

Similarly I couldnt stand Angle as a face. Edge was a far better heel. Ditto Cena.

What do ye reckon?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭Hanza

Heels I like

HHH
    Orton
    Flair

Faces I dislike

Rikishi
    Rico

Thats really it...

I dont see why you dislike Rey Mysterio. Thats like saying "I dont like breathing, its boring!''

Hanza

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Re Mysterio
    (and this will tie in to your question in the other thread)

He is a one move wonder, and the only cruiserweight who is given any airtime and/or credibility. He is always up around the main event slot, with one silly move/catchphrase 619. His ring work is good, but repetitive.

Now, dont get me wrong, its good to see a small guy mixing it with the bigger fellas, but why is ALWAYS only Mysterio. Look at all the great CW talent that there is
    Chavo
    Noble
    Ultimo Dragon
    Nunzio
    Paul London
    Billy Kidman

None of them get any airtime, and when they do, its crap. I mean, lets look at the CW Battle Royal at WMxx. Kidman/Ultimo/Noble got about 4 minutes between them.

I suppose its not necessarily Rey i dislike, more the fact that one of the most exciting divisions in the wwe is being totally ignored, while one its performers, who is nowhere near as good or exciting as Noble/Kidman, is always getting 'over' the big guys.

Either that or its just one of those irrational dislikes. I dunno!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 579 ✭✭✭Magnolia_Fan

Heels I like:

Ric Flair
    H.H.H
    Randy Orton
    Trish :)
    Kurt Angle
    Stevie Richards!

Faces I dislike:

Edge (kicks as$ as a heel)
    Matt Hardy (same applys unless in tag)
    Goldberg!
    Rikishi
    Scotty Too Hotty
    Rhyno

Yeah, its about damn time they stopped wasting Billy Kidman and Paul London!..if they aren't going to use them let them go to TNA..imagine the possibilities or even better WWE sign TNA guys such as Low Ki, Christopher Daniels, A.J Styles, Donjay Sutt, Jodi Fleish

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

Just want to say that this is the best thread started here in a while. First one I've been inspired to post on recently.

Heels I like:

Christian - The guy is such a brilliant heel, I don't think he'd work well as a face at all.

Flair - I'm afraid sometimes he can just seem like a grumpy old man, giving out to those "pesky kids", but when he gets it right these days, he eclipses all others, just like he used to do.

Paul Heyman - The guy's just made to be hated, and he does it great all the time. Bischoff is like this too, not as good as heyman though.

Faces I dislike:

Rock - I never liked him when he was wrestling as a face, but when he turned heel, it was great. The best stuff I've ever seen from a wrestler was when Rock did that slow heel turn (before his match with Austin at WM, I think). That was such brilliant work from him as a heel, I remember having a smile on my face the whole time watching him! I just feel like he's being wasted as a face a lot of the time.

Austin - I liked the guy for a while, was never a huge fan, but he really got stale over the last few years. Got really fed up with him as the sheriff of Raw, really pointless stuff.

Matt Hardy - I absolutely love the guy, but not as a face, his character doesn't work as a face.

Rhyno - He hasn't lived up to his previous potential since he's come back from his injury, but I think as a heel he's much better. I mean, the guy actually looks like a heel, it's more believable.

Chris Jericho - This might be a bit controversial, because he can be such a great face, and he is my favourite wrestler, but as a heel I think he does his best work. He doesn't mind putting himself down at the expense of a joke (remember the classic ass cream segment with Christian?!), and I find him so much funnier as a heel. It's not so much that I hate him as a face, just that I'd prefer him to be a heel.

• Advertisement

Originally posted by gimmick
    Re Mysterio
    (and this will tie in to your question in the other thread)

He is a one move wonder, and the only cruiserweight who is given any airtime and/or credibility. He is always up around the main event slot, with one silly move/catchphrase 619. His ring work is good, but repetitive.
    One Move wonder:eek: WHAT THE FUCK?

I dont like slagging people on line, but dude, do you watch wrestling? Thats the stupidest thing ever to say... Its not thats its your opinion, its a flawed fact. He has more in his move set then most people...

I dont think anyone will agree with you there...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,030 ✭✭✭smiaras

This post has been deleted.

Originally posted by Hanza
    One Move wonder:eek: WHAT THE FUCK?

I dont like slagging people on line, but dude, do you watch wrestling? Thats the stupidest thing ever to say... Its not thats its your opinion, its a flawed fact. He has more in his move set then most people...

I dont think anyone will agree with you there...

I dunno, I just dont like him. The 619 is a move which just seems to get more ridiculous in its set up everytime.

Also, when i watch his matches sometimes I have no idea who is making the offence. It looks like he has taken a hopper, but in fact its the other guy who is down.

Anyway, Hanza, forget it, wewont agree no matter what. I dislike him, you dont. End of.:)

Thats fair enough. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭Exit

Heels I like:

Evolution
    Christian (but not wrestling, just doesn't do it for me)
    Teddy Long
    Heel Rock (come back!!)

Faces I dislike:

Cena (annoying as hell as a face)
    Ross and Cole (both OTT in their face roles, not that I'd like to see them do heel roles either)
    Austin I suppose. Never really understood why people cheered him for being an asshole to everyone. It's a good gimmick for a heel but not for a face.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 920 ✭✭✭elvis2002

Heels I like
    Evolution
    (Triple H and Ric Flair are just brilliant, Ortan is getting there)
    Booker T ( legend, best entertainer on smackdown - but it is the minor leagues)

Faces I dislike
    Lita
    Hardys
    Eddie Gurrero
    Spike
    And the one i hate the most has got to be John Cena, my dad said he's the most out of shape wrestler he's ever seen, by out of shape he means , big arms and little short legs. His angle doesn't come over on tv well i think, i duno one person who likes him. On smackdown last night he was rubbish.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,457 ✭✭✭Cactus Col

Heels I like (the ones that come to mind the first)
    JBL
    Rene Dupree
    Sylvian Grenier
    Rob Conway
    (especially love that little dance they do ... funny as a very funny thing)
    Christian
    KANE
    Bischoff
    Evolution

Faces I dislike (again just the ones that spring immediately to mind)
    Matt Hardy (bring back V1!)
    Lita ...(just not a fan of hers anyway ..... used to be so beautiful)
    Rey Mysterio
    Rob Van Dam

How could I forget La Resistance and Rene Dupree!! :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭oneofakind32

Heels I Like:
    Chavo Gurearo
    Johney Nitro
    Steven Richards
    Rene Dupree
    Randy Ortan
    Faces I Dislike:
    The Rock (the guy is more likable as a heel)
    Rhyno (fozzy's right, he's to ugly to be face)
    And another thing. I dont know what people see in Flair. Hes a good heel but i dont see whats so special about him

And the Chavos!! :eek:

Looks like Booker os going to turn back face. Cant say I ever really liked him as a heel.

Johnny Nitro is on his way back as a big time babyface.

Regal, who IMO sucks as a face, is actively pushing to be turned heel.

I much rather Edge as a heel and always have but I hope they push him as a face for a lil while longer for the simple fact it will unease fans a little...

Heels I like: Kurt Angle
    H.H.H
    Ric Flair
    J.B.L

Faces I dislike:William Regal
    Edge
    Booker T
    Tajiri
    Steven Richards (born to be heel)
    Tazz(should always be the bad guy character like King used t o be)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,011 ✭✭✭DoctorEdgeWild

What did you think about John Cena when he first came on to the WWE scene? The whole 'ruthless aggression' angle was great. He was face because he was up against Kurt who at the time was hated by crowds (or at least his character was) and Cena was such an underdog. He was face but with an actual edge (no pun intended). Speaking of Edge, E & C were one of the most entertaining heel tag teams ever. Another example of WWE forgetting all about how great tag matches can be.

I don't think I've been more excited by a wrestler I was seeing for the first time.

Also, Kane should be the ultimate heel, during Invasion, he was pretty funny as a sorta face (remember the 'Kaneinites'?) But he is born to be heel.

As for Booker, his supermarket brawl with Austin will forever be my favourite brawl. Shame he is a bit part player at the moment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,123 ✭✭✭The Bull

Heels I Like

Flair Is the Man

Whoooooooooooooooooooooooo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,143 ✭✭✭D-FENS

Heels are always more entertaining , heels get to misbehave more and be more controversal in interviews and generally come across cooler.
    That's why all the big names , Angle , HHH , Y2J , Flair are much better as heels.
    And the big faces of the last ten years - Austin, Rock, Foley and now Orton and Cena , all still had a bad boy edge to their good guy character , because Vince knows that what get them over with the fans.
    Plus, all the big faces ever , with the exception of maybe the Warrior , have had to do a stint as a heel , before becoming a face. Treat the fans mean and keep them keen i guess.

• Advertisement
Advertisement