Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Signatures

Options
  • 01-07-2004 10:54pm
    Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,436 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Mine was changed to what it is now. It was orignally lots of naked women lying in a feild spelling out "no war". Now, the pic was taken from a great distance, so you couldnt actually see anything. I don't really understand why it was edited. It wasn't offensive, and it wasn't that big.
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 78,411 ✭✭✭✭Victor

There is an automated script that removes sigs that are too big.

I was going to complain about the size of your sig but didn't because of the message.

PS How do you know they were all women?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

Yup your sig was about twice the width limit.

• Subscribers Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭CuLT

Originally posted by Victor

I was going to complain about the size of your sig but didn't because of the message.

I'd love to know just how automated this script is, mine wasn't removed until somebody moaned about it.

the fact that it was half the max height, half the max size and only 33% longer didn't make a difference.

I reckon the max length should be about 400, excess height and filesize are the most annoying things.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,030 ✭✭✭smiaras

This post has been deleted.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,436 Mod ✭✭✭✭Suaimhneach

Originally posted by Victor

Okay so. Maybe there should be a PM sent with the reason it was edited sent. I would have gladly resized it. Although I don't know the actual url of that picture anymore.

Thanks for not saying anything.

One of the users said that his aunt, or some relation was in the picture. That it was fifty women just making their point. Up in Galway seemingly. I thought it was genius!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

Originally posted by Jesjes
    Okay so. Maybe there should be a PM sent with the reason it was edited sent. I would have gladly resized it.

Well that thing in your sig, is a link to the rules, from that it should be obvious what the problem is. Also there are over 22,000 users and there are five admins, who work very very hard on this site, as well as having to live there own lifes, for zero pay. They really don't have the time to send Private messages over sig abuses.

At the end of the sig wasn't removed for content, but size, and it was pretty feicing large.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,436 Mod ✭✭✭✭Suaimhneach

Fair enough. :)

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 10,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭ecksor

Thanks. :) I was gonna do something like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭Ste-

It's still too big.

• Advertisement

Better??

I know some computer stuff....but like width and crap...tis all non sensical!!

For images in signatures: 1 image up to 300 pixels wide, 125 pixels tall and 20k in size. No animated images are allowed

Pixels and stuff....means NOTHING to me! I think it's small enough now. If it's not, I'll just get rid of it. Thanks anyway.

Thanks a million for going out of your way. Sadly it looks crap. You can delete it and save your hosting. Thanks again. I'm just gonna leave it to see how long it lasts....

• Registered Users Posts: 14,330 ✭✭✭✭Amz

Heh!
    Charming :rolleyes:

Wha? I am very grateful, but the dimensions make it look all squashed. I'm not blaming him....I said thanks!!

NoWarSml_2.jpg

Second time around.
    I left the width the same so it wouldn' stretch so much.

Your a good man so you are. Thanks a million. I've saved it, and I'll get it hosted now. Thanks AGAIN!! :D

There you go. Up and hosted and all. Thanks again.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

OMG! NAKID CHIX0Rz!

• Advertisement
  • Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

...boobies...

DeV.

Advertisement