Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mull historical society new album

Options
  • 01-07-2004 11:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 20,995 ✭✭✭✭

Have heard that they're coming out with a new album "This is hope". Has anyone heard any of it yet? I've heard the new single "how 'bout I love you more" alright, infectiously catchy stuff yet again. Have been hearing that "it's his best album yet". I find it hard to believe he could top "Us", but then again I found it hard to believe he could top "Loss" yet "Us" fitted the bill perfectly.

Needless to say I have it on pre-order currently :) I suggest to fans of the band to buy this album rather than download it since he's moved to an independant label with this album so it would be good to give them support.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,848 ✭✭✭✭Doctor J

Cool, when is it due to be released?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,995 ✭✭✭✭Stark

July 19th.

Excellent. Hadn't heard them until Witnness last year and took a gamble cos there was nothing else on at that time. They were one of the highlights of the weekend for me. Picked up Us and Loss shortly afterwards. Looking forward to this now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,884 ✭✭✭grumpytrousers

ah great - some Mull afficianados. Haven't a notion where to start with this chap, but saw him and his band supporting the Polyphonic Spree and thought him to be darned good.

The best album for an introduction please?

ta in advance

Us

but's it's a close call, Loss is quality too.

You'll pick it up for about a tenner in most shops at the moment. It's great stuff. Probably get them both for 20 in most places.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭comet

All I have heard from the new one so far is that new single ..love u more.. Ian Dempseys been playing it in the mornings, tbh i don't think that much of it, sounds a bit empty or something, i'm hoping the album is of a higher standard, he's a talented guy.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,886 ✭✭✭Marq

Yeah, they're both brilliant. was quite surprised myself at the quality of "Us", and with how quickly it followed the debut. Great live at witnness too.

Originally posted by comet
    All I have heard from the new one so far is that new single ..love u more.. Ian Dempseys been playing it in the mornings, tbh i don't think that much of it, sounds a bit empty or something, i'm hoping the album is of a higher standard, he's a talented guy.

Yeah I didn't think the song was of that high standard either. The albums are much much better. Personally I think "Us" is the better of the two albums, but it's a close call. Some people prefer "Loss". Either way they're both excellent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 764 ✭✭✭jmc

He's a bit of pop genius in some ways. I like his slant on life.
    But now the poor lad's lost his heed...

Mull Historical Society lose their head
    Last updated 30 June 2004

Mull Historical Society have a new album 'This Is Hope' out on July 19th but Colin from the band told us he has other things on his mind.

He has put out an appeal for anyone who has seen a giant dog's head around Glasgow as he has lost it and needs it back for T in the Park next week:

"We've always used this dog and wig as a sort of logo for the albums - it was on the cover of the first album."

"I had my cousin make a new version of a it, a cartoon, which kind of makes it look like Scooby Doo, it's got a bright blue wig, but I have lost the head off it."

"It's fifteen foot high and I can sit inside it and the whole plan was to use it over the summer at the festivals."

"In Glasgow somebody knows where the head of this dog and I need it for T in the Park."

www.bbc.co.uk/radio1/news/altnews/040630_mullhistoricalsociety.shtml

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,456 ✭✭✭kida

I have got my hands on an advance copy ;) Not as good as the previous 2 albums bot not too bad.

• Advertisement

CD-wow despatched my album yesterday a week ahead of release date :)

Spending my time waiting for it by listening to B-sides from Loss, "Ugly buildings are beautiful", "Industrial hangers", "Some you win some you lose", does the guy ever do a bad song? :)

Advertisement