Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

closure of greendale school

Options
  • 02-07-2004 12:02am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭

http://www.northsidepeople.ie/index.php?option=news&task=viewarticle&sid=496

as you may have heard a secondary school in killbarrack is to be closed due to lack of numbers...

its strange to try imagine whole areas growing older and less school age children being around but there you go its happening and all the schools in the area have been hit by it,

now these people seem very committed to keep the school open mostly it seems for the sake of the adult education....

but im not sure the school in greendale needs to stay open... you couldn't just have it as a adult ed place it would need to be used more than that... methinks

but as far as the secondary school staying open if there ain't enough pupils nearby what the point in trying to struggle to keep it open?

i don't know why they can't move those schemes elsewhere

im sure there dying to sell off the land nad make flats out of probably...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭Tommy Vercetti

it's near the DART and bus line so why they can't get enough pupils in there is beyond me....

• Registered Users Posts: 78,415 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Originally posted by Tommy Vercetti
    it's near the DART and bus line so why they can't get enough pupils in there is beyond me....
    It's Roddy Doyle territory (he taught there) and doesn't have a great reputation.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭chewy

apparently it doesn't but all the schools in the area are suffering...

apparently people come form far and wide to go to secondary schools but they must always rely and there immediate area...

Advertisement