Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Repeaters?

Options
  • 02-07-2004 12:13am
    Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭

Just curious, who else here is repeating exams in the autumn?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,146 ✭✭✭oneweb

For the first time in years I can actually enjoy my summer ww) (not that I didn't anyway but there was always the 'back of the mind worry') Nevertheless I finished the course :)

Best of luck to any repeaters.

It is what it's.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,959 ✭✭✭Nala

Me...I didn't work hard enough first time round tbh. I'm really stressed about it cos I really want to get into 2nd Year.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

I've some spectacular examples of exam laziness this year...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,604 ✭✭✭blondie83

I will be repeating three this year. It's annoying me cos I did a lot of work for the exams. Just didn't work hard enough during the year I suppose:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 362 ✭✭Dancing_Priest

I have four to repeat , 2 IT and 2 economics exams . I cant complain really , I never had so much fun in my life , I'm only suprised that I only failed those. Next year will probably be fairly quiet by comparrison

• Advertisement

*takes a bow*
    I'm repeating a whole...10 exams!
    Damn 2nd science... meh, I failed all 3 subjects so I cant do too much bitching right now!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 832 ✭✭✭pyrogenx

10 Exams is a lot of stuff ! Im so glad i only have to repeat one.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

This is the first year of college that I have not had to repeat a single exam.

repeated 2 in 1st year and 1 in 2nd year.

go me!

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭Jk_Eire

just 2 for me..My first 2 ever
    maths semester 3 and semester 4..
    That whats happens when you make it to a whole 3 classes throughout the year.
    Maths 9am every friday and monday..pleh..

If we don't like our time table, we do everything we can to change it. Well head of department and lecturers don't mind as long as there is class rooms free and the lecturer has the time. The other "students" in my course couldn't care less, so the few of us can design our time tables as we like ;)

• Advertisement

I skipped loads of lectures this year for no apparent reason... The timetable wasnt even too bad, was only in at 2pm on mondays for 1 lecture! Still skipped it a couple of times. Wasnt in before 11am any day after xmas.
    Studying's going crap, I can see myself doing 2nd year again. Don't know how the hell I'm gonna learn everything I need to before August 9th...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,391 ✭✭✭arbeitsscheuer

Yeah, I'm repeatin 2 exams - 4 papers in all. 1st Arts History and Politics... Goody.

On the bright side tho, I passed Philosophy, which is a miracle given that I didn't even pick up a book all year, frankly.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,580 ✭✭✭uberwolf

Originally posted by rainbow kirby
    *takes a bow*
    Damn 2nd science... meh, I failed all 3 subjects so I cant do too much bitching right now!

I know that pain, courtesy of UCD science faculty.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭ballooba

I remember doing my Management Science exam in may.

I knew i'd made an arse of it with about 15 mins to go.

I was scrambling to get all the sh!t down when they called time.

The examiner had to practically prise the pen and paper out of my hands (they didn't actually touch me though).

I'm a pretty big guy so they were joking for the rest of the exams that they were scared of me. Sound bunch really. Whole exam hall pissed themselves laughing though.

I got 28% or something like that.

Second year in a row repeating maths. Couldn't give a hoot. I'll lye on my CV anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭vector

*takes a bow*

Repeats are usually in one or two weeks. In my NUI experience.
    You might thus have 3 subjects somedays, and what about clashes?
    has anyones (repeat) exam timetable ever clashed, like taking two exams at the same time, what happens then?

The most I've got on any one day is two. On my last day I've got a 3 hour paper in the morning and a 1hr45 in the afternoon, and about a week before that I have my 2 worst papers in one day. A saturday. As if the fact I was repeating the exams wasnt bad enough...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭vector

The most I've got on any one day is two. On my last day I've got a 3 hour paper in the morning and a 1hr45 in the afternoon, and about a week before that I have my 2 worst papers in one day. A saturday. As if the fact I was repeating the exams wasnt bad enough...

An exam at the weekend? Where was that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭Pacifico

Originally posted by vector
    An exam at the weekend? Where was that

There are Exams in UL on a Saturday......and lots of other places

It would really interest me what actually happens when 2 exam clash. Or are all exam time tables designed so can't happen ?

Doesnt always happen. With a big faculty like UCD science, with lots of possible subject combinations, some people do wind up with clashes. I havent a clue what happens in that case...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 660 ✭✭✭naitkris

repeating 3 myself, first time i've ever failed an exam and i fail 3 in 1 go, lol.

funny thing is of my 7 subjects total, the 2 subjects i turned up least to lectures for (went to maybe 2 or 3 at most in 1 particular subject) and did the least work in during the year i did fine in, but 2 of the 3 subjects i failed i thought i was giving a good effort during the year and ended up failing them.

but, should have been expected... got so lazy in 2nd year of college... perhaps repeating is a wake-up call for 3rd year.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,601 ✭✭✭MidnightQueen

I'm repeating 3! Programming, Communications and Web Development. :(

Advertisement