Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Could someone tell me

Options
  • 02-07-2004 1:09am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 128 ✭✭

...a good site to find book release dates? I've really gotta find one since I was really surprised to see The Treasured One while shopping on Saturday.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭hostyle

I usually do a quick search for my favourite authors on Amazon every so often. But Amazon is far from accurate with release dates. All you'll really find out is that theres one on the way in the six months after they say.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 999 ✭✭✭Raz

Probably the most accurate way is to google the authors name and see if they have their own personal website. If so they usually have some indication of what stage of production the book is at.
    You could also look for the website of the publisher and they may have a release date.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 128 ✭✭Q_Elexra

Right thanks:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 182 ✭✭David Stewart

Originally posted by Q_Elexra
    ...a good site to find book release dates? I've really gotta find one since I was really surprised to see The Treasured One while shopping on Saturday.

Locus, the Newsmagazine of the Science Fiction Field, publishes a "Forthcoming Books" section every three months. It's broken into two: US and UK publishers. Essentially they take the publisher's advance catalogues and combine them into one database. Locus is available from Forbidden Planet.

A cut down version of the list with forthcoming releases by big name authors is available from the magazine's Website: http://www.locusmag.com/ForthcomingBooks.html. The current list goes up to March '05

Hope that helps

David

Advertisement