Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh !!!!

Options
  • 02-07-2004 1:20am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,738 ✭✭✭

WTF.

Lads, what happened with that bloody battle between Koopa and Nem?

I'm just after reading that for last while, HOPING to get to some big report of the game, and NADA.

Please enlighten me as to what happened..

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

Get back into that time capsule, back, I tells u

• Registered Users Posts: 11,980 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

Ok, after much debate over how this would all take place, it was decided we all go to Waterford, by all I mean about 15 lads from Dublin.

Now when Nemesis decided to go ahead with this "challenge" it was already clear that Koopa would win, no doubt at all about that.

So we headed down, me and Vincent and Saik got there before all the other Dublin lads, so we decided to check out the "competition"

Nemesis arrived and we went to check him out, he was running around with the worst config known to man, and simple concepts of "running" and "aiming" seemed to be lost on these fellas. After about 10 mins of me and Vin lying through our teeth and stifling laughter we left Nemesis with a new high level of confidence.

The rest of the Dublin lads made it down with Koopa in tow, and somehow, Koopa had managed to get sick in Mindphucks car. The poor bastard stank (more than usual) so we used this to our advantage, putting it down to nerves, when in reality he is just a little girl who can't handle long car trips :cool:

So all the Dublin lads went to the pub to generally laugh at them and drink beer, and talk about Quake, leaving the Waterford bais to stew in their own crapness for a while.

We got back to cybermart just before it was supposed to start. Had a few games before hand, and I managed to catch Nemesis on a server. I nearly gave the game away when I was legging it around killing him about 3-4 times in quick succession, and Vin made me quit :D (bear in mind that to this day I still suck)

The "competition" begins, with a match on DM6.
    Nemesis thrashes Koopa almost 40 - 0

http://www.quake.ie/download.asp?item=1262&hurl=ftp://ftp.quake.ie/q3.demos/duel/nDKoopa-vs-NemesiS-pro-q3dm6-game1.zip

Next match was t4, and koopa, suprised by his defeat, is getting edgy. This leads to his downfall yet again. Nemesis rubs it in by performing stupid tricks like the Plasma jump. He really had me and Vin duped, what suckers we are. We nearly cried, and the waterford bais beat us up.

http://www.quake.ie/download.asp?item=1263&hurl=ftp://ftp.quake.ie/q3.demos/duel/nDKoopa-vs-NemesiS-q3tourney4-game2.zip

Nemesis gets handed 200 euro, and says "heh, maybe next time...chummmmmmmmm--p!"

Nemesis now plays CS because his skill was too much for Quake3, but still to this day he pwns it up against quake3 newbies who dare stray into his ever watchful gaze.

THE END!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,738 ✭✭✭Naos

ho lee sh*t.

Are you for real!?! Who was this nemesis lad? And would he qualify for being near number 1 in ireland? (i know this is years ago, but speaking for back then) what did koopa say about this defeat.

this is crazy. I never played q3 online but i played q1, mostly vanilla quake in ctfing, bit of RA too.

i remmeber playing koopa on dm4 which was just stupid (dm4 that small lava level?)

Oh and i havent q3 on this comp, so if u could just tellllllll me a bit more about the goings on cos i cant see the demos unfortun.

Thanks for what u wrote so far anyway man..

brian

• Closed Accounts Posts: 358 ✭✭CH

heh

• Registered Users Posts: 1,958 ✭✭✭Fobia

pld

• Advertisement
Advertisement