Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Spar offer!

• 02-07-2004 1:44am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,136 ✭✭✭

Here, this is bangin!

get a roll and a 1l water and get a free mug or t-shirt!
    saw it in the spar on fosters ave. (you know the paranoid one with 12 cameras and the brother man)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 252 ✭✭somano

Have the co. council finally copped onto the fact that there was no parking provided outside this spar ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 252 ✭✭somano

I was right. Flower beds removed and replaced with free parking spots.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,212 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

why would they need to provide parking?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

so that people in cars can use the shop, its on a busy road

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

i work in spar, that place is anything but a bargain.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,761 ✭✭✭Col_Loki

The Spar's have a good beer offer........ 24 rolling rock bottles for €24 .

Rolling rock is a premium beer in the USA and is thought to be nicer than bud or miller over there . Its a great beer and fantastic price...........

• Site Banned Posts: 5,904 ✭✭✭parsi

Dunnes have 20 330ml Stella for 19.99

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,204 ✭✭✭Tazz T

the rose wine is a good deal at the moment. Two bottles for under 12. It's nice stuff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,005 ✭✭✭mad m

Originally posted by Col_Loki
    The Spar's have a good beer offer........ 24 rolling rock bottles for €24 .

Rolling rock is a premium beer in the USA and is thought to be nicer than bud or miller over there . Its a great beer and fantastic price...........

think i got that rolling rock stuff in dunnes awhile back for 18euro for 24 bottles

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,563 ✭✭✭savemejebus

rolling rock in dunnes now costs between €36 and(i couldn't believe this when i was told) €46!!! depending which branch . Carryout stores have it for 99c a bottle though. i stocked up:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 65,654 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Originally posted by Col_Loki
    Rolling rock is a premium beer in the USA and is thought to be nicer than bud or miller over there

I sure believe you m8 :)

But the thing is marketing rulez da world...

so called premium beer is a marketing placement that seems to work anywhere in the english speaking world of misinformed people ;)

Carlsberg with very clever and appealing ads, Heineken (not the sh1te Heineken we drink over here) is a decent lager, branded as premium in the whole world outside of Holland. In Holland, it's the blue collar drinker's beer of choice and not the best available at all in the same pricerange :rolleyes:

Used to be a lager man myself but that all stopped once I was forced to drink lager served in Ireland - no way!

The only lagers I would touch now are most German lagers and non-German lagers that abide by the German Reinheitsgebot

As a point, forget about lager, who needs it? If you like beer, go explore the special beers brewed in Belgium. Back on the continent , I tend to take a Westmalle tripel, given the opportunity :D

And as for bud:
    drinking bud is like making love in a canoo - fooking close to water

Me - I've switched over to other sources of alcohol :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,136 ✭✭✭Superman

Once again another boards post turns in to a rant about booze.

Advertisement