Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

when is the 270 on this month?

Options
  • 02-07-2004 10:44am
    Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭

Got ticket last night. wondering if anyone knows what date the big thursday 270 game will be on this month. There are 5 thursdays this month. Will it still be on the very last thursday which would make it the 29th July?

Tks

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,664 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hyzepher

yep

• Registered Users Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭careca

Nice one obscure. how many tickets were there ? Anyone else nab one ?

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭Obscure

There was €1460 in the prize-fund.
    Did a deal so 2 big stacks got ticket each and next 4 got €230 credit.

Was among the four but have credit left over from month before to cover the extra 40!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,886 ✭✭✭Marq

went out tenth, man was I annoyed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,382 ✭✭✭Juan Pablo

Bummer. Dev was out about 5 mins after the restart, followed him pretty soon after when my Queens ran into Pauls Kings. Dev made a valid point last night that if yu come late you get shoved upstairs, and since the old skoolers/ reg tourney players come in a bit late, the standards at the table are high. I know from our table anyway, there was 7 good players from the 10, higher than average than most tableson a Thursday.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭bohsman

were you in seat 2 obscure? yea i got 230 credit aswell came down from upstairs with a load of chips thanks to trebling up with 78o against paddy o neill and doyler.

Interesting night backed the match to end 0-0, put a tenner on blackjack an turned it into 300, then sat down at the cash game with 200 and left this morning with 600

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Originally posted by Juan Pablo
    Bummer. Dev was out about 5 mins after the restart, followed him pretty soon after when my Queens ran into Pauls Kings. Dev made a valid point last night that if yu come late you get shoved upstairs, and since the old skoolers/ reg tourney players come in a bit late, the standards at the table are high. I know from our table anyway, there was 7 good players from the 10, higher than average than most tableson a Thursday.

Aye, its happened before.... I was in the mood for messin last night I wasnt really taking it that seriously (as you might have noticed :) )
    And one look at the size of the field made me think it was time for my bed... it must have been 3am before that got sorted out... thats an awful lot of pain for the chance of a 250 ticket considering I had work early this morning...

DeV.

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭Obscure

Yeah seat 2, which seat were you bohsman?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,382 ✭✭✭Juan Pablo

I was gonna use last night to put into practice some of Skalansky's theory's I've been reading up on recently, thinking I'd have a table with newbies etc. Then I find myself stuck between Paul and Eddie! Must ave been close to 70 entries there last night. Didnt rebuy so the nght only cost 10 bills, cant really complain about that!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭bohsman

Seat 4 i threw in the AK.

Good news for all kencleary riverking begrudgers,
    he went all in with pocket 3s got hit by pocket 10s hit his trips on the turn and then got rivered by a 10, there is justice in poker ; )

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 580 ✭✭✭kencleary

*lol* Yes but I made my bus!!

Advertisement