Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

James Doohan has Altzeimers Desease

Options
  • 02-07-2004 10:56am
    Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭

Read yesterday in the sun that James Doohan (St:TOS) has been diagnosed as haveing altzeimers desease.

one of the more entertaining characters both in the series and the early movies was scotty

edit: oops left out the link

http://trekweb.com/articles/2004/07/01/40e457e7171d6.shtml

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,905 ✭✭✭User45701

:( Thats bad news
    Im watching celabrety poker showdown now, one of the players is playing for a Altzeimers Desease foundation.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Doohan must be 80 or so by now. Not a suprise then.

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,518 ✭✭✭Hecate

Yeah I saw him on some documentary a few months back, he sounded very incoherent and I suspected he'd had a stroke or gotten alzheimers. It's really sad, he seemed sharp as a tack during his last 'trek appearances in Generations ('captain, is there somthing wrong with your chair?'...priceless) and 'Relics'.

But then again, that was 10 years ago. And what you've also got to remember that these guys started doing trek nearly 40 years ago, and most were in their early 30s or 40s in doohans case. Shatner is now 73 I think, good god.

Advertisement