Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Ferdinand to join Liverpool

• 02-07-2004 11:12am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 815 ✭✭✭

Rafael Ferdinand van der Vaart. Initial fee of £8M, potentially rising to £14M. Announcement next week allegedly. :eek:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭LoneGunM@n

You Dirty Rat :D:D ... there was me thinking they were signing Les :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 815 ✭✭✭Bannor

I couldn't resist. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,147 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

He has a lot of potential, he would be a very good signing. Im sorta sad now after reading the heading we wont be signing Les Ferdinand :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

he was superb with Ajax but one of the worst players in Euro 2004.

Very Good signing but Utd had a 18 milion bid rejected ,why they letting him go so cheap now?
    Anyone going in oppositie direction?

kdjac

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭StickyMcGinty

all these players look good, until they join liverpool. i hope benitez is gonna motivate these newcomers better than houllier!

i'm nervous bout any signing now.... i should be happy!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭p.pete

Originally posted by Bannor
    I couldn't resist. :D
    You could edit it to R.Ferdinand as there is several Ferdinands :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Dammit, I thought you meant Franz Ferdinand! :D

Mike.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,981 ✭✭✭Big Ears

and there me was getting ready to say that Rio Ferdinand to Liverpool , is just unfounded transfer speculation .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,064 ✭✭✭BKtje

Before Euro2004 i woulda thought very good signing but after seeing him play against the best im not so sure. Only time will tell.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Pigman II

Dammit I thought you meant Liverpool of Montevideo!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

Originally posted by B-K-DzR
    Before Euro2004 i woulda thought very good signing but after seeing him play against the best im not so sure. Only time will tell.
    He only played against Germany and 30 minutes against Portugal, hardly enough to judge.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

Woth Owen signing a new contract extension today, Cisse signing yesterday, Baros having a stormer in the Euro championships and the possible signing of this you fella, I can't help but wondering 1) who will be playing next season, 2) will Baros be sold and 3) what sort of system he has in mind.

There is also rumours circulating that we are buying Hargreaves (I personally do not rate him at all), Albelda and Alonso. Am I right in thinking these are primarly defensive styled central midfielders? I would guess he is looking to sign 1 or 2 of these to partner Gerard and not all three. Combining these players with those mentioned in the first paragraph confuses me even more as to what system he wil play...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,935 ✭✭✭eyerer

Originally posted by eirebhoy
    He only played against Germany and 30 minutes against Portugal, hardly enough to judge.

hardly had a touch of the ball though, and people say matt holland is the invisible man
    but you're right, harsh to judge so quickly

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

He will probably line up with a standerd 4-4-2, with a holding midfielder in the centre allowing gerrard to get forward a bit more

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,645 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

on the midfield rumours anyone hear anymore about ballack coming to anfield??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 348 ✭✭watman

June 30th - - - - On the Signing to Micheal Ballack - - - - The Liverpool Echo this afternoon reports that chief executive Rick Parry has described the speculation as 'total rubbish'

Had a look on German Websites and found this - http://www.bild.t-online.de/BTO

Der FC Barcelona hat den Kampf um Bayerns Michael Ballack (27) noch nicht aufgegeben. Vize-Präsident Sandro Rosell: „Wir haben viel Geduld.“

The FC Barcelona did not give the fight up for Bayerns Michael Ballack
    (27) yet. Vice-president Sandro Rosell: "we have much patience."

Not looking good on the Ballack Deal , Nor Davids as Chelsea now want to sign him

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Hargreves is heading to 'Boro as far as I can tell.

As for what to do with 4 strikers, I see no problem.
    Owen/Cisse for the Premiership, Baros/Pongolle mainly for the domestic cups/Prem bench and those with the best form for CL. I'd like to see 2 teams with some overlap.

Mike.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

I'd like a competition for places between Owen Cisse and Baros, it might give Owen the kick up the arse he needs to get back to his former greatness

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

thats all assuming Cisse does well in the premiership and doesnt end up lick a lot of houlliers other signings.

Originally posted by Stekelly
    thats all assuming Cisse does well in the premiership and doesnt end up lick a lot of houlliers other signings.
    The majority of Houllier's signings were good as you'd see by watching them play at international level. He just can't get them to play well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 372 ✭✭cerbeus

Baros/Cisse up front and let Owen warm the bench for a change. The lad has lost most of his confidence.

Baros on the other hand oozes confidence at the moment and deserves his chance which he never got from Houllier.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭Shred

Baros on the other hand oozes confidence at the moment and deserves his chance which he never got from Houllier

Let's hope Alan Kennedy is wrong then, otherwise I can see Baros jumping ship:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,981 ✭✭✭Big Ears

in the article it said Baros scored 5 goals in 7 games in the tournament , bit the Czechs only played 5 games , infact even the winners Greece didnt play 7 games .

If Baros has told he is warming the bench again then I'm sure he'll be off.

After the tournament he had they'd be mad to let him go but if all they can offer him is more splinters in his arse watching Owen who only managed one goal, ahead of him in the pecking order he will definitely slap in a transfer request.

Just seen this :

"Borussia Dortmund's eccentric Brazilian striker Marcio Amoroso has flown into England for talks with Liverpool, claim reports this afternoon."

How many more strikers do Liverpool need?

Originally posted by cerbeus
    "Borussia Dortmund's eccentric Brazilian striker Marcio Amoroso has flown into England for talks with Liverpool, claim reports this afternoon."
    He ours (Celtic's), leave him!:mad:

you can have him!

Just wondering how many more strikers Liverpool will need for the new season.

Mr Benitez seems to have a thing for strikers at the moment and is overlooking the rest of the squad where we need strengthing like the central defence for a start!.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭p.pete

Looking at ITV teletext (a mine of accurate information) it looks like Baros could be on his way to Real Madrid. If true then at least (topclass) 1 striker needs to be brought in....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,935 ✭✭✭eyerer

sanz wants to bring in baros as the he thinks the hype will get him elected
    perez is strong favourite for the election, so baros probably won't be going
    he also said he had an offer (from sanz) but said "i'm contracted to liverpool and return for training on july 19th"
    i think it was the 19th

• Advertisement
Advertisement