Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

tag mclaren audio speakers

Options
  • 02-07-2004 12:58pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 36

i was thinking fo buying the f1 avantgarde model.
    anyone any comments on these.
    well worth the price tag fo £19995 sterling

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,008 ✭✭✭rabbitinlights

Spend some of that money and check your hearing is perfect first.

If your were going to spend that kinda money on speakers id buy these:

main.jpgmain.jpg

The B&W Signature 800 would be my dream speakers. A full 6.1 set up. A certain Mr Lucas uses them in his audio studio for star wars. Ive heard them in a stereo set up and was aloud to listen to a few cd's that i had on them. I have never been so impressed by a set of speakers. The only problem was coming home to my system..........

What do you have at the moment? What would you use to drive them?

Sean

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 serpeh1

at the moment a have fm acoustics resolution series 611. this is an amazing piece of kit. powering a pair of meridian dsp5500. id prob upgrade to a 811 series to run the f1's. if you have a high end setup a would sugest a set of good cables like the mit cables oracle. at the moment im using the mit oracle v2 matrix.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,766 ✭✭✭robbie1876

Hi serpeh,

It's great to hear you are upgrading to speakers of the calibre of the F1's. Do you have your heart set on them? Are you looking for possible alternatives or just peoples opinions of them, and you will buy anyway?

I have some experience in high end speakers, but not too much with the F1's in particular. I've heard them about 5 times in different home setups, and once at a trade show. Each time they sounded completely different, as they were operating off different amps and source equipment. Overall they sounded superb to me, but I would personally go for something else in that range.

I know the Meridian DSP5500's very well, but I'm curious, what are you using the FM 611 for? The Meridian speakers are active, you can't use an external amp with them.

Using the DSP5500 as a reference, what is it you want to change about the sound when upgrading your speakers? Are you looking for a more open sound, better resolution, better dynamics etc? Is there a particular style of music that you listen to a lot of? All these things can help me suggest something for you, if thats what you want.

Any other questions, just shout.

Robbie

Advertisement