Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clicksilver modem

• 02-07-2004 2:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭

I'm using a Zyxel 600 series modem I got with clicksilver and every time I log on to my pc, the modem fails to pick up a DSL signal. I then have to unplug the USB 2.0 plug from the port and reinsert it to get a connection.

CS support have said it might be a problem with my USB ports and I should try reinstalling them, but I have a few other devices using the ports with no problems. Also, the USB indicator on the modem comes on as soon as I log on so I don't think this is the problem.

Anyone getting a similar problem or have any idea what this one is?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 Revoque

yep same here allbeit usb 1.1

I changed my hub and that seemed to help but it still happens .Sounds like driver issues to me,didnt get a chance yet to install new drivers but you can get em here
    http://www.zyxel.com/support/download.php

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 362 ✭✭theone

not sure if that would be the driver problem on the zyxel the most up to date one is the one your given on the cd it hasnt been updated in a while afaik.

Sounds like the modem could be faulty if usb works with other devices then it should be fine.
    My connection got a bit flaky for a while because the phone socket connection wasn't the best but it always recognised the modem that might be why your losing the dsl connection.

Advertisement