Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

6660 o2 Email/www

Options
  • 02-07-2004 2:12pm
    Hosted Moderators Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭

Hey,
    Here's zee problem,
    I have a 6600 on o2 pay monthly, I have mms and gprs wap working fine and dandy. Super. Now, problem is I can't get email or www (opera) to work. Using the gprs settings for wap when I try and check my email it just sits there saying connecting, gprs signal is showing connected, but it just flas about and then gives up, no errors. I tried creating a new gprs access point using all the same settings except changing the apn to internet and leaving out the proxy, I got an error message saying failed and to check my mail settings, tried with a proxy in, same error. Am I doing something blatently wrong?

With regards opera, same problem, it just sits there with the gprs connected sign but does sfa and eventually gives me a "could not connect to remote server" error message. I tried adding a proxy in options and setting it to 62.40.32.40:8080 and I got "operation administratively forbidden"
    [using wap connection]

Any nuggets of advice?? :confused::(

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10 slyi

I'm havein the same problem, but another boards user (see madden second post) has it working - http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?s=&threadid=168771&highlight=pp.internet
    I have tried these setting but i cant get working either :(

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭Tazzle

Got opera working now, email is still a no no

• Registered Users Posts: 4,027 ✭✭✭flywheel

hi, pp.internet is the Pre-Pay (Speakeasy) Internet access point. For Post-Pay (Contract) you can use internet or open.internet. Doesn't use a proxy, but may need DNS settings... (check previous posts the settings)

If you aren't provisioned for these access points contacting 1740 should get you set-up. For email, make sure the email account is referencing the correct access point and the email configurations are actually correct. You may need to use smtp.o2.ie as the outgoing server.

You should also consider an Inclusive GPRS Data package for better rates which is available to Post-Pay customers.
    http://web.o2.ie/personal/tariffs/pay_monthly/gprs_prices.jsp

BrianG

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭Tazzle

Ok, opera works now so clearly internet access point is working for me.

I'm using my o2 email as a test to get it working first before i go off and start shooting in the dark. smtp.o2.ie and pop3.o2.ie are entered correctly, as is my email address, username and password. Trying to use the same gprs connect as the one that worked on opera now.. Giving me an error though that it can't connect, same problem when I try and use im+

• Registered Users Posts: 4,027 ✭✭✭flywheel

Originally posted by Tazzle
    Ok, opera works now so clearly internet access point is working for me.

indeed :) - was pointing out the situation to styli above who was referering to pp.internet
    Originally posted by Tazzle
    I'm using my o2 email as a test to get it working first before i go off and start shooting in the dark. smtp.o2.ie and pop3.o2.ie are entered correctly, as is my email address, username and password. Trying to use the same gprs connect as the one that worked on opera now.. Giving me an error though that it can't connect, same problem when I try and use im+

yeah that's strange, if the internet access point is set up right you shouldn't have any problems with the other connections... what's the full config you have entered for the 'internet' access point?

BrianG

• Advertisement
Advertisement