Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sniping Games

Options
  • 02-07-2004 2:17pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭

Besides Silent Scope and CS are there any other games around that would cater to my whim of sniping?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Sniper path of vengenace buts its crap.

RTCW and MOH turn on weapons cheta and snipe your way tru the game.
    COD the russian levels with the sniper are class.

kdjac

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭ozt9vdujny3srf

Medal of Honour has a good sniping level aswell.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,514 ✭✭✭Sleipnir

Project IGI 1 & 2

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rew

Battleflied Vietnam and any of the Rainbow 6/Ghost Recon games

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Originally posted by Rew
    Battleflied Vietnam and any of the Rainbow 6/Ghost Recon games

Sniper rifles are weedy now with that last patch :(
    Farcry has the best sniper rifle ever but you only get a few bullets with it.

Or the thermal imaging one from RTCW ,playing the damn level with that is great fun.
    kdjac

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,613 ✭✭✭Big Nelly

The sniper in Far Cry kicks ass! love the sniper rifle myself!! also my first choice of weapons!! only thing in Far Cry not many bullets around for rifle!

Also used to like the rifle on MOH on the PS2

• Closed Accounts Posts: 867 ✭✭✭l3rian

unreal2004 has a sniper rifle and a lighting gun

the lightning gun is probally the most satisfing headshot in gaming, a close second would be cs's arctic warfare/magnum

• Closed Accounts Posts: 484 ✭✭ssh

Any of the thief games...

If you enjoy the one-shot, they didn't see it coming kill, it's fantastic for that. Even though you have to do it with a bow and arrow.

Opflash is great as well, some nice weapons. It makes you calibrate your scope to the distance of your target and expects you to lead moving targets properly. Ghost Recon is very good for it too. I've managed to play through most of the game using nothing but a sniper and basically crawling the whole way. It's very immersive like that. You can pick both of those up for cheap nowadays.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,411 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Try the politics board, plenty of sniping going on there ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,819 ✭✭✭K!LL!@N

Are you looking for a more authentic sniper experience?

The sniping in Project IGI 2 was fun.
    Actually i only really got to play the demo of it.
    Must get a full copy.

There aren't really any games i can think of that have a good authentic sniping experience.
    Most games just have sniper rifles, but you can't even go prone or camouflage yourself.
    And most snipers get labelled campers or whatever.
    A game or a mod where it took some skill would be great.

Killian

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

Americas Army. Never played it but it tries for realism.

Neocron. Have a sniper character on this. good laugh.

• Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭oakers

Marine Sharpshooter 2 - Jungle warefare (A bit crap IMO!)

Joint Operations - Typhoon Rising (you have to be quite good to last any length of time!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,155 ✭✭✭ykt0di9url7bc3

I never liked the sniper rifle in Far Cry, there is always a tracer and it sounds like you are firing a handgun but it does the job...

COD multiplayer is your best bet for sniping, be it rifles or scopes...

..and if you havent played it yet, check out Deus Ex (first one, stay well away from the sequel)...when playing set out for mastering handguns and snipers, pour any weapons mods you find into both these guns and you'll have a fun time

• Registered Users Posts: 7,136 ✭✭✭Pugsley

Ghost Recon has some good sniper rifles in it. Cant beat Serious Sam2 for sniping madness tho :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,710 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Heres a nice Sniper only Call of Duty server running some sweet custom maps also.

212.42.16.101:27503

Advertisement