Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Got a spare million?

Options
  • 02-07-2004 2:21pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭

The clowns down at Des Cullens are flogging this .

*me scrambles to nearest Lotto machine*

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,766 ✭✭✭robbie1876

Base Price: 2004 Porsche Carrera GT - $440,000 / 452,690 €
    From http://www.rsportscars.com/eng/cars/carrera_gt.asp

Where are they going with their million euros??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭Tommy Vercetti

Originally posted by robbie1876
    From http://www.rsportscars.com/eng/cars/carrera_gt.asp

Where are they going with their million euros??

No idea....an SLR costs £320k in the UK, Carrera GT is £330k....SLR is €600k here, CGT €1m!!! And all that from a Hyundai dealer :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭Kersh

Just the usual rip off in this country. I would never buy a car off a forecourt(new or used), any car, ever. However the price may get there, be it vrt, vat, profit, you just know you are being shafted.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,388 ✭✭✭BrianD3

Secondhand CGTs could well be dearer than new ones, which would explain the million euro price tag. I'm guessing that all the new ones have been sold out (limited production run etc.) so the only way to get one now is to pay over the odds for one of the very few secondhand examples on the market.

Same thing happened with the Porsche 959 and Ferrari F40 in the eighties. If you were one of the lucky ones who got one of these brand new, you could sell it a couple of months later and make probably £100k profit.
    Just the usual rip off in this country. I would never buy a car off a forecourt(new or used), any car, ever. However the price may get there, be it vrt, vat, profit, you just know you are being shafted.
    It's not really a rip off though. Nobody needs a Porsche Carrera GT. It's strictly a plaything for the super rich. Does it really matter whether it costs 500 k euros or 1 million euros. Even if it were 2 million euros, they would still be snapped up pretty quickly by multi millionaries to whom money is no object.

BrianD3

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭Kersh

Oh the old ..its ok to heap tax on them cos they have money. The question was why it costs so much here, and the answer is ripoff ireland. Same for any car. We have some of the lowest pretax car prices in Europe, and nearly the highest after tax prices. If a carrera gt only costs 300,000 odd sterling, then it should cost the equivalent euro price here, and it doesnt.

• Registered Users Posts: 948 ✭✭✭dcGT

A mail about this car has been doing the rounds....a friend of mine replied replied with this:

"I sent this mail around in work and a someone I work with here, his brother’s boss is a mortgage broker and he went to look at this car.

He liked it and said he would buy it, except that Des Cullen have nearly a €350,000 mark up if you buy it off him.

Otherwise you can buy it in England for £365,000 and import it at a value of €780,000 euro.

The catch is doing it that way you are put on the back of a 4 year waiting list for one. "

Hmmmmm...it would explain the high price to an extent.... the old "supply and demand" with a little of the Irish rip-off culture thrown in :)

DC.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭giftgrub

• Registered Users Posts: 8,819 ✭✭✭rymus

whats the old saying? "A fool and his money...."

• Registered Users Posts: 2,647 ✭✭✭impr0v

300k is a hell of a premium to pay solely to jump the waiting lists.

clarkson described it's acceleration as having your peripheral vision meet up at the back of your head.

• Advertisement

hahaha check this out, if you missed out on the Carrera GT, maybe this little beauty is what you're after:

http://www.carzone.ie/usedcars/index.cfm?fuseaction=car&carID=148118

I wonder which has the cheaper running costs....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,647 ✭✭✭impr0v

After i posted them a query about whether there was a guarantee or not, given how bad tempered she looked:

Mr ***,

I apologise for that beauty being on the website, that was one of our sales men playing a joke.

She does look bad tempered though !

Regards,

Shane O Kelly.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 6,521 Mod ✭✭✭✭sharkman

Ahhh She is gone .. I asked what kind of condition the bodywork was in .....

Mr S,

I am afraid that she is sold, and the body work was absolotely perfect
    !

Regards,

Shane O Kelly.

I wonder where the dipstick goes ho ho ho

sorry

Advertisement