Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Do Mobile Phoes pose any serious health risk

Options
  • 02-07-2004 2:52pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 605 ✭✭✭

Irish Health has a forum where over the last few months I have engaged in some debates with various people, MMR, Prayer as a aid to healing, Jehova's Witlesses re blood transfusion etc..

One big advantage is that it's not like here where we all agree with each other :) You get some real weirdos. You know, normal people. :)

They have just started a debate on "Do Mobile Phoes pose any serious health risk?"
    It looks like it is warming up and all the usual scare mongering arguments are being made.

here

Do mobile phones pose a SERIOUS health risk? 9 votes

Yes
    0% 0 votes
    No
    33% 3 votes
    Maybe
    55% 5 votes
    I use crystals to protect my sperm
    11% 1 vote

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,478 ✭✭✭tribble

As for it's long term risk I really don't know.

But my mobile most certainly gives me a headache if I talk too long on it.
    I NEVER get headaches usually so the pain is unquestionble as far as I'm concerned.

tribble

• Registered Users Posts: 7,807 ✭✭✭Calibos

Defo the phone melting your brain rather than maybe holding your head stiff in a certain position too long trapping a nerve or artery or something.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,478 ✭✭✭tribble

Defo the phone melting your brain rather than maybe holding your head stiff in a certain position too long trapping a nerve or artery or something.

I have owned dozens of different mobiles over the years and used them in thousands of diferent situations but headaches are a common feature to them all.
    Some (Nokai 8850) less than others (Motorola L series).
    Don't get me wrong, I still use the things but there are percievable side-effects.

tribble

• Registered Users Posts: 7,807 ✭✭✭Calibos

Yes but are the headaches because all mobiles fry your brain or because you held all the mobiles with your head at a funny angle?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 605 ✭✭✭williamgrogan

As it so happens yesterday I had one the longest phone calls I had in a long while on my ordinary desk phone, not even a wireless one, and afterwards my ear was red and warm.

When you talk into a phone you tend to press the phone against your ear and that pressure certainly is real and I would be confident that its the pressure and not any radiation that is creating the heat. I wear glasses and there is also the problem of the pressure on the ear pressing on the glasses arm.

If you press your knuckles on say a table the knuckle will get red. A redness that often lasts for many minutes afterwards.

One of the best ways of being wrong is to connect two things without much evidence. Here's another one. My right ear canal is slightly narrower than my left and I wondered was that connected with using a phone pressed against my right ear for years. I recently went for a hearing test with an oralcologistsomethingorother and she said people can be born with slightly different ear canal sizes. So not the phone.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,865 ✭✭✭Syth

Ah proof by democracy. How... scientific.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 605 ✭✭✭williamgrogan

I like this, "People get annoyed when you try to debug them", where did that come from. Can you link?

PS

Didn't follow your comment?

Advertisement