Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

After navan talk

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,560 ✭✭✭Woden

you run around backwards a lot then?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rew

Aye and flying hellies is hard on it as well, may get a usb keyboard me thinks....

it wasn't on navan but what the hell

i got two consecutive machete kills tonight on albany, guys running around the north flag close quarter near an apc knifed the pair of them, made my night it did

• Registered Users Posts: 10,339 ✭✭✭✭LoLth

well, I did my first knifing on Navan last night (cambodian incursion). Thank you fighting Irish for being such a helpful victim. Always nice to be treated so kindly on your first time :p. Took me ages to kill the git, he was lying down and I started hacking away for a few seconds before realising I would have to kneel down to reach him. next patch, I want to see an optional stick to extend the range of your knife.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Originally posted by LoLth
    . next patch, I want to see an optional stick to extend the range of your knife.

battlefield War of the Buttons edition :)

kdjac

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 791 ✭✭✭fightin irish

Well now Lolth, there i am tryin to build up a bit of a decent rep and u come along and knife me in the back! Only joking.....i knew i died without gun fire but couldn't figure out what the hell happened, sure u never know i might just have to make u my first knife victim!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

It says how you died on left of screen ,if a lot of people die hit Tilde and you can see how you died.

Should be a WTF button for BF sometimes i just dunno how i die.

kdjac

i find that if i don't know how i didn't most of the time is a swine with the grenade lanucher on the car, happens on cambodia incursion all the time.

happily running around with a crappy akms then boom you're gone

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,918 ✭✭✭Deadwing

Originally posted by Dataisgod

happily running around with a crappy akms then boom you're gone

The akms is only crappy...if youre unskilled with it ;)

I usually cant work out what's happened when its a team kill. you know, like when someone is taking a flag nad calls for reinforcements then evilly shoots you in the face as you round the corner of a tent saying "here I am buddy to help you in your moment of glo..."... you know who you are :p ( it was the quang tri map, the 1972 version).

Who's that Robbi guy. he was pretty good.

• Advertisement

Are there still stats for the Navan server?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 342 ✭✭Irish_Kamikaze

I have to say devil you are the....................worst person i have evr seen driving a tank. we were on Cambodian inscursion and he was in the water with his tank taking the bridge flag. I seen him in my tank but he hit me too fast so i jumped in the water and swam rite up to his turret, it took him at least 3mins of firing at the banks before he killed me ROFL. Luckly i got a quick respawn and RPGed him back to hell.I love playing devil, dataisgod and fluffer. All three can be your worst nightmare at times or just be your stress ball!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 181 ✭✭Panzer81

Did you get knifed in the end?
    I think we exchanged pistol/primary weapon fire and I believe I died with a binoculars in my hand as he shot me.
    I have nightmares about my digital self not being allowed into heaven for dying dishonourably with a binocs in hand.

Please, stop repeating audio messages at us.
    It doesn't encourage us to help, more to TK.
    I doubt the NRG guys need that kind of screaming to back someone up and TiG shouldn't.

What I encourage is being specific in audio messages.
    Don't request reinforcements if you're on a push, say follow me.
    Don't say enemy spotted, if it's a tank say hostile armour spotted...
    Try the different 'request'-menu options.
    And respect people's right to ignore you, free will is a bitch.

I'm not the worst tank driver you've seen.
    I was chillin out after trying too hard for too long in TiG's Squad AvB thing so I thought I'd play kinda silly and for fun.

I rode a 2 jeeps and an APC at the northern-most NVA main base with music blaring for a laugh, dying horribly.
    I then drove the US APC up again(damn its slow) with music blaring.
    Two soldiers failed to stop me. I stopped next to the PT-76, stole it. Shelled people, gunned them...
    Eventually took the 1.30 flag on my own somehow with a smidgen of health in the tank.

I then, music still blaring, drove into the river, down along to your good self who was parked on bridge in Sheridan.
    I abused my negative relative altitude to mangle the Sheridan and you bailed, swam for my crazed ass and pixied about my tank.

The splash damage off the sides was SERIOUSLY dodgy with the damage I'd taken.
    You were the last kill in a my 'manoevre of madness' TM.
    When you finally got me I almost had the flag neutral and I almost killed you before you got me becuse you came straight into my waiting guns.

It was a testement to how stupidity can prosper and how fun it can be for someone like myself, no matter what people think you are.

I believe trying to relax I topped the server either before or after. My memory is pretty weak, details may be wrong...

It was a funny moment but I think one other time I was parked in a PT-76 on that same bridge and I had 3/4 TiG enemies around me.
    I wouldn't leave and I couldn't aim down to get them.
    They must've run out of grenades cause I drove forward and back avoiding nades till they stopped exploding.
    I switched to external view to observe the madness and I believe it was [TiG]Lucutus standing on top of my turret firing pistol at it.
    We were on TS so there was slagging and he wouldn't get off so I suddenly drove off the bridge into the water, landing awkwardly and shedding my surprised passenger, allowing death-dealing to commence.

To get the others I backed onto an opposite bank.
    I eventually got RPGed.
    Good times, good people, good map.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,887 ✭✭✭Joeface

lots of free time Panzer81 HMMMMMMMMMMM

I'm kinda sad like that.
    Was wired after the clan match, had to do something.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,761 ✭✭✭✭Winters

Originally posted by Panzer81
    It was a testement to how stupidity can prosper

I like that bit.

Yep, we all know what I'm talking about.
    Usually from the point of some idiot succeeding, much to our dismay.
    This time, I was that idiot. Deliberately but idiotic nonetheless.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 630 ✭✭✭LastIrishMonkey

They all seem too be sound as a pound and theres no laming off the heli pads :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭CitySickness

I actually managed to come 2nd during a match last night. Shame on you all for allowing this skill-inversion to happen.

That fella Pog Mahone was a strange fish though, just hanging around in grounded choppers all night. I suppose the sound of the rotors is somewhat hypnotic.

Yeah pg mahone indeed was strange.... What about the defence of the mainbase though.. quite proud of that myself

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭CitySickness

Top job indeed Fightin'.

It was really frustrating flying around in a Cobra with a co-pilot who had no idea about the heatseekers - I would have done a better job by myself with the old one-two trick.

I suspect I'm f**ked when DarkIreland and Data reappear on the server, mind you. Are they actually having some sort of LIFE these evenings?

By the way my chooper skills took a turn for the good lastnight....after stealing an mi17 and heading back to our mainbase i got confronted with a stolen huey... about 3feet away. i panicked......shouted **** and then pressed 'd' and did a 360degree turn and compleley escaped and even managed to land after all that excitment.. and before any1 says it i know i could have blown him outta there.... but its all about baby steps.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭bizmark

My life is battlefield i shall be back soon enough tomorrow id say looking forward to it :D

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭FranDrastic

Sh1t man, I haven't been on boards for a while...

I had a bit of fun there the other night, Harold and myself were taking turns doing pilot/gunner in a huey on Hastings (?) I I was flying beautifully, I thought, keeping it low, using the trees, and harold and myself were keeping flags and skies clear of those dirty NVA bastardos.

It was going nicely, not a scrap of damage. 1 rocket left, I thought it wise to head back to base and reload. Landed gently on the pad slid and caught the landing rail on the edge of it and flipped over onto our side.

A tragic end.....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,676 ✭✭✭ArphaRima

It was really frustrating flying around in a Cobra with a co-pilot who had no idea about the heatseekers - I would have done a better job by myself with the old one-two trick.

I hate when people get into the cobra with me who either A) Are using it as a taxi or B) Dont know how to shoot things down. I usually ask them to get out. Nicely. Or at Least Terminator 2 style.

And people who can't fly shouldn't. Learn offline ffs.

Originally posted by CitySickness
    I suspect I'm f**ked when DarkIreland and Data reappear on the server, mind you. Are they actually having some sort of LIFE these evenings?

dark has no life, i on the other hand do, however my main hdd corrupted my windows registry yesterday and its taken me most of last night and this morning to dig out an ould 20Gb 5400rpm jobbie, back up some data and generally clean everything up.

i'll be on tonight pending semi decent performance from the slower hdd

• Closed Accounts Posts: 850 ✭✭✭Instant Karma

Originally posted by fightin irish
    By the way my chooper skills took a turn for the good lastnight....after stealing an mi17 and heading back to our mainbase i got confronted with a stolen huey... about 3feet away. i panicked......shouted **** and then pressed 'd' and did a 360degree turn and compleley escaped and even managed to land after all that excitment.. and before any1 says it i know i could have blown him outta there.... but its all about baby steps.

its not so easy takin' down a chopper with any plane other than a f4

Originally posted by FranDrastic
    bastardos.

Stop using my sayings or i'll chokeyee hokie.

LoL Knifing Karma is easer than spotting a Noob in a chinkhook.

Fluffer i agree the only way to learn how to fly is off line but you also need to practise how to take an enemy chopper down online, Karma is becoming the best chopper pilot i've seen since fightin irish.:rolleyes: :p :rolleyes:

Lucutus why couldn't u avoid some logs yesterday? Could have stayed alive longer.:cool:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,918 ✭✭✭Deadwing

Id just like to be the first to say thank you, to kamikaze, for moving the spawns on combodian incursion, seeing as how noone did in-game *L* Good job. :cool:
    Good game tonight by everyone, i think nrg did well against tig for only having 5 or 6 players at any given time *L*

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement