Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

animal passports

• 02-07-2004 4:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 496 ✭✭

hi
    i am interested in finding out what i have to do to get my dog a passprt and what has to be done when bringing your pet to another country..say england for example.. anyone any ideas...would be appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,489 ✭✭✭✭Alun

To take your dog to England, or indeed anywhere in the UK you have to do absolutely nothing, just pop him (or her!) in the car and away you go. Same thing goes for UK'ers bringing dogs or cats to Ireland.

As far as continental Europe is concerned I'm not sure. 3 years ago we brought our cat from the Netherlands to here via the UK on the UK's Pet Passport scheme, and at the time Ireland was talking of adopting something similar so that you could effectively do the same thing but bypassing the UK altogether.

Information at the time on the situation was haphazard and inconsistent to say the least, with one hand in the Dept. of Agriculture not knowing what the other was doing. We were trying to do this in the aftermath of the F&M crisis too which didn't help.

You could try looking on the Dept. of Ag. website, but as is often the case, information on such matters is often out of date. As a last resort you could always ring them, but again treat any information they give you with the necessary grains of salt.

Good Luck!

Advertisement