Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

is there any truth in the rumour......

Options
  • 02-07-2004 5:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,460 ✭✭✭

That Microsoft are going to start to charge for just about anything you wanna do on X-box, excluding the monthly charges etc.

A friend was teling me that they will be charging for the extra content downloads for games later this year

Shin

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

i saw something about a €5 addon for PGR2 alright...
    ****ing bunch of money grubbing bastids

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 14,080 Mod ✭✭✭✭monument

Originally posted by shinzon
    That Microsoft are going to start to charge for just about anything you wanna do on X-box, excluding the monthly charges etc.

A friend was teling me that they will be charging for the extra content downloads for games later this year

They already have for downloads of...

Tom Clancy’s Splinter Cell Pandora Tomorrow
    Links 2004
    Project Gotham Racing 2

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭flogen

its a bit stupid of them, If they had market dominance, then you'd expect it, but for now they should be doing what they can to get people interested, and charging money isnt going to do that.

Flogen

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 14,080 Mod ✭✭✭✭monument

...on the other hand it is something that is of great interest to publishers.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,581 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

I don't see the problem. Taking the PGR2 premium content as an example, for a paltry €5 you get a new city and new cars. If you don't want to buy it, don't - the game is still perfectly playable online and off without the upddate.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,753 ✭✭✭Doodah7

Originally posted by NekkidBibleMan
    I don't see the problem. Taking the PGR2 premium content as an example, for a paltry €5 you get a new city and new cars. If you don't want to buy it, don't - the game is still perfectly playable online and off without the upddate.

Spot on. In particular with PGR2, given that the game is at least six months old, for about the price of a pint, the download will give the game a whole new lease of life. I would have no difficulty paying for extra worthwhile content as long as the original published game is not compromised in any way.

Advertisement