Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stupid Idiots?

• 02-07-2004 5:44pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,449 ✭✭✭

Hey, I have recently been reading the posts about how people have failed and been told that they will never get broadband and ended up getting it. In one post it said that someone got a carphone warehouse guy to ask eircom to run a 72 hour test and after it he passed, well I rang up today and asked again could I get broadband and they said no, and then I asked would they run the 72 hour test (something I know nothing about) and the woman on the other of the line said that she had never heard of it! I'm wondering why that is, if the posts I have read are correct then why is an employee completely oblivious to the test?

Chris.

PS: If I am surfing on my dial up internet, with our phone connection plugged out, wud I fail the tests they do every 2 weeks?

Marlon Brando RIP :(

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,449 ✭✭✭Call Me Jimmy

By the way, broadband is available in my area and people across the street and all around me seem to have it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,680 ✭✭✭Tellox

Ring up and ask again. When I switching to eircom's DSL after esat failed to upgrade me, here is how the phone conversation went

Me: Hi, has my dsl line been switched over to eircom yet?
    Him: One moment please
    *wait*
    Him: Ok, your line isnt compatible with DSL, it failed the line test
    Me: ...I've had DSL about 9 months now
    Him: No, you've had ISDN for
    (click)

redial:
    Me: Hi, has my dsl line been switched over to eircom yet?
    Her: One moment please
    *wait*
    Her: You should be switched over before the end of the week
    Me: Cheers

I never did get switched on to eircom. But er, This goes to show how different eircom employee's seem to treat customers... or something to that effect.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,449 ✭✭✭Call Me Jimmy

What do you mean "esat wouldn't upgrade you?" and she said you had ISDN, did you? or did u have broadband for 9 months? why would she say u have ISDN?

Advertisement