Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

EsatBT disaster - don't ever move house / How can you escalate a complaint there?

Options
  • 02-07-2004 8:00pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,668 ✭✭✭

Feb 2003
    - Took out Netsmart 80 package - living in Rathmines

Nov 2003
    - Move from Rathmines to Newbridge.
    - Write EsatBT a letter explaining this and requesting 2 things:
    1) Cancel my Rathmines Netsmart 80 package
    2) Set me up on an equivalent Netsmart 80 package for the Newbridge address

Dec 2003
    - After 4 weeks finally Newbridge Netsmart connected

Feb 2004
    - Get bi-monthly bill.
    - The two phone numbers appear on top (Rathmines and Newbridge)
    - I am charged for two Netsmart connections. €72 instead of €36
    - Ring EsatBT. Speak with Danny.
    - Explain that I don't live in Rathmines anymore amd that the connection there needs to be cancelled
    - He says to let the direct debit go through and says he will do 2 things:
    1) Refund me €36 which will appear as a credit on my next bill (in April)
    2) Cancel my Rathmines Netsmart connection so that I am charged for one Netsmart connection in future

April 2004
    - Get bi-monthly bill.
    - A refund of €36 appears on my bill as a credit but that only solves half the problem
    - Ring EsatBT. Speak with Elaine.
    - Explain that I don't live in Rathmines anymore amd that the connection there needs to be cancelled
    - She says to let the direct debit go through and says she will do 2 things:
    1) Refund me €36 which will appear as a credit on my next bill (in June)
    2) Cancel my Rathmines Netsmart connection so that I am charged for one Netsmart connection in future

June 2004
    - Get bi-monthly bill.
    - A refund of €36 appears on my bill as a credit but that only solves half the problem
    - Ring EsatBT. Speak with Regina.
    1) Refund me €36 which will appear as a credit on my next bill (in August)

This level of service is clearly unacceptable

Surely it is obvious that to correct the problem they need to cancel the Rathmines subscription

Why should I be penalised for moving house?

What would happen if I went for their broadband service?
    Would I be billed for three connections/products?

Does anyone know the name and contact details for somebody senior in EsatBT's billing department or some section that can rectify the problem

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,188 ✭✭✭Ripwave

Originally posted by nlgbbbblth
    Feb 2004
    - He says to let the direct debit go through and says he will do 2 things:
    April 2004
    June 2004
    Isn't there some old saying about those who won't learn from history being condemned to repeat it? Why would ESAT fix it when you keep paying the bill anyway?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,668 ✭✭✭nlgbbbblth

Originally posted by Ripwave
    Isn't there some old saying about those who won't learn from history being condemned to repeat it? Why would ESAT fix it when you keep paying the bill anyway?

:rolleyes: :rolleyes:
    They also keep refunding me

plus

if I ask the Bank not to pay the direct debit EsatBT will hound me for non-payment; bombard me with a series of automated, threatening letters and that won't help either

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

An EsatBT billing screw up, who'da thunk it... :D

• Registered Users Posts: 682 ✭✭✭kevinmcc

Email Bill Murphy - Head of Esat BT.
    His email address is bill.murphy@esat.com
    If you email him now expect a reply tonight, he's always quick to get back to any complaints.

• Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 28,804 Mod ✭✭✭✭oscarBravo

I'll tell you what strikes me as particularly bizarre: he's earned that reputation by constantly having to solve billing problems! I mean, you'd think at this stage he'd twig that something needs to be done with the billing system...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

Originally posted by kevinmcc
    Email Bill Murphy - Head of Esat BT.
    His email address is bill.murphy@esat.com
    If you email him now expect a reply tonight, he's always quick to get back to any complaints.

Just what I was going to say, Bill's a great guy, goes home to England on Friday yet he has his Blackberry with him and frequently replies to customers out of hours. I'd say he'd be most interested in this.

The problem with esat is they have several different billing/admin databases and applications and it seems they STILL can't get them all interacting with each other! It's really not the staff, it's the tools the staff are using that are causing monumental f*ck ups like this.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,411 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Sorry..but LOL springs to mind...

Ex SNL user here, billed for SNL after being cut off..vowed never again..thanks for reassuring me that it was the right decision...

Proof...Netsource user..moved address..no such problems..currently happy Netsource user..and plan on staying that way .

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 ekissane

How about sending them a box with faeces in it once a month until the problem is solved.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,504 ✭✭✭viking

Originally posted by ekissane
    How about sending them a box with faeces in it once a month until the problem is solved.
    Thank you for your contribution.:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,007 ✭✭✭Moriarty

ekissane banned.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,668 ✭✭✭nlgbbbblth

Originally posted by eth0_
    Just what I was going to say, Bill's a great guy, goes home to England on Friday yet he has his Blackberry with him and frequently replies to customers out of hours. I'd say he'd be most interested in this.

The problem with esat is they have several different billing/admin databases and applications and it seems they STILL can't get them all interacting with each other! It's really not the staff, it's the tools the staff are using that are causing monumental f*ck ups like this.

have made progress; looks like being sorted
    thanks for the info re Bill,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 But

Hmm, so familiar.

I had all this crap with Esat from the beginning. Filling out application forms for Direct Debits, then getting massive bills cos DD were not coming out. Having to give credit card details over the phone and stuff. Impossible to get anything sorted with Customer Care.

All a big mess.. To top it all I also moved address. They couldn't handle a simple address and phone number change. Had to leave em and go to Eircom.

Wish I had heard of Bill in time :(

But

Advertisement