Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

stupid damn mini metalers

Options
  • 03-07-2004 2:19am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭

i am so fed up of stupid little mini metallers coming up to me saying did you hear whaat happened at download, joey from slipknot played with metallica. my natural response is so did dave lombardo who is much better and whos band are much better than slipknot. to this i am always greeted with blank faces, does nobody have a ****ing clue who slayer are or is just because they haevnt released an album in the last two years when metal has become popular again that they dont know. it seems that kids will only listen to iron maiden or metallica from the eighties these days. i love metallica but damn does it annoy me to see how blind these people are. there is much better stuff out there. ahh when will thw wee little blighters ever learn that you also dont have to wear a band t shirt and black clothes to actualkly be a proper metal fan.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,552 ✭✭✭✭GuanYin

1. Organise an Avril La Whinge gig in the point.

2. Lock the doors

3. Seal the vents and windows

4. Gas the place.

There will be no loss to the world.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭dimerocks

i like your thinking my friend.the only problem is the point aint big enough

• Registered Users Posts: 37,302 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Was @ a FF concert @ the Ambassador a while back. To the left, no mosh pit. Lotsa little people. To the right, mosh pit. Pure mayhem.
    Also, Chimera's gig a few months ago was class. Missed their recent one.

As for the script-kiddies, I agree. @ first I thought it'd be a good thing with metal becoming popular, but now its just crap seeing all these little fcuks walking around, listening to crap. Kinda reminds me of those twats who listened to rave music back in the 90's "cos it was cool"...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,136 ✭✭✭Pugsley

While I dislike them and their kin greatly, as they simply flood gig's and generally get in the way, I personally think Joey is an excellent drummer, albiet not a touch on Dave, and Slipknot do have some really good music, he is a far better drummer than that Large Oilrig fellow that has destroyed metallica. Slayer will never appeal to the masses, cant do jack about it, proper heavy death metal isnt common place really yet, so Slayer etc will be with the minority for a while yet, which is good IMO, as you dont want these wee buggers flooding a Slayer gig (which I would love to go to one), I know I wouldnt like it if such a crowd were all over a Dark Tranquility gig or whatnot. But, uhhh, does your post really have an overall point tho? hard to discuss with that topic starter, as it has been discussed to death and the replies are always the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭hostyle

Its up to you to educate them. How will they know if someone doesn't point them to ways to find out about what you or others consider better music. All they have are crap magazines and all that MTV-**** and its ilk. Tell them why you disagree. Give them names of bands and good albums by said bands to check out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭marvin2k

what do ya expect . do ya expect babies to be born and be straight away be moshin into the most obscure real metal their is , theyre only kids for **** sakes we were all into ****ty bands at one stage and now we look back and laugh ,those little mini moshers will mature eventually and acquire a taste for decent rock .its a natural progression , i know lads playin in some of the most raw punk bands in Ireland who I remember wearin limp biscuit t shirts in school . pop metal and faddy rock has its place its the first step for many to really gettin into something.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,136 ✭✭✭Pugsley

Pretty much hit the nail on theh ead there Marvin :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

that doesn't mean we are wrong for wanting to hurt them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭dimerocks

ya good point marvin though i think slayer were one of the first heavy bands i really enjoyed i guess i started well. i shall take it upon myself to educate the stupid mini fuks that plague the cities!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭AngelofFire

These people have a myopic vision of music.They see music as a social costume rather than a personal taste.

"Ooh im middle class and i listen to rock music that means i must dress in black and talk in a stupid pseudo american accident and only hang around with other rockers"

They choose bands according to "who is in" this summer.EG metallica(btw dont mean any disrespect to genuine metallica fans.

And where were these mini rockers before 2001 when rock music wasn`t so HIP? off listening to their Eminem and Mark Mc Cabe etc.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭AngelofFire

why do these mini rockers assault support acts during metallica concerts. If they dont like Lost Prophets or linkin park they should just get out of the arena like any sensible concert goer.These people are vacous idiots who only throw bottles because the music of these bands isn`t proportional with their pseudo rebellious image.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 424 ✭✭the_obsolete

They're sprouting up everywhere! I'd bet if ya asked some of them on the street can they name one album before Metallica (aka The Black ALbum), they'd draw a blank. I love the band but god help them in recent years they've drawn the wrong crowd in, especially with St. Anger...AND IT'S NOT LARS'S FAULT! Leave the guy alone!
    I was at FF as well, I was stuck in the left, and people could only sing along to Linchpin and What Will Become?...ick. Sure I spotted the start of Resurrection and shouted it out when Burton said it was one we mightn't know, and the looks of the little sh*ts around me...coulda smacked 'em!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

Originally posted by the_obsolete
    .AND IT'S NOT LARS'S FAULT! Leave the guy alone!

yes it is.

lars ruined everything.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,688 ✭✭✭grimloch

Originally posted by AngelofFire
    why do these mini rockers assault support acts during metallica concerts. If they dont like Lost Prophets or linkin park they should just get out of the arena like any sensible concert goer.These people are vacous idiots who only throw bottles because the music of these bands isn`t proportional with their pseudo rebellious image.

i know what you mean, if i dont like a band i leave for a bit and let the fans of the band enjoy them without having comments and projectiles distracting them from the music

No what ruined everything was james's struggle with alcohol- he quit it and went ta rehab!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 348 ✭✭Fuhrio

ahhh you cant blame the little kids, you see some of them trying the moshing and they get destroyed, so they wait till they get bigger to do it. Also you cant blame them for liking the poppy rock bands,we al did as marvin said.

I started off listeining to linkin park

linkin park etc =>
    Green Day etc =>
    nirvana etc =>
    Metallica etc =>
    Tool, APC etc

We all go through a progression like that, and you end up liking a much better range of music for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,967 ✭✭✭Pyr0

Yes you may class me as a "mini Rocker" as i am only 14 and yeah its true we all start out somewhere i started listing to limp,SOAD,linkin park and so on but i gradualy moved into the better kind of bands "in my eyes" such as Metallica,Pantera,Anthrax,Alice in chains,Manson,Soundgarden and so on

And yes i also know people who like Metallica's new stuff better then the old stuff and only know the songs of Kerrang and so on,it does annoy me a bit but i would'nt hurt them or anything............yet :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Seeing as The Black Album started me off on Metal, and certainly far from my favorite album now, I can appreciate that you have to start somewhere.

Ah but dear Fuhrio & Pyr0, not all of us started like that...when I went into metal I dove into the good end - my first metal album was Rage Against The Machine, before that I was on diet of Queen (who rock I might add). After that I went onto Fear Factory, Metallica, Biohazard, Slayer, Pantera, Iron Maiden and so on.
    And you can blame the little kids for not having more bloody sense!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Originally posted by the_obsolete
    before that I was on diet of Queen

I also was a considerable Queen fan previous to Metal.
    And yes, they do certainly still rock!

• Advertisement

Twas my da's influence, he practically made me listen to it, but I just came ta love the stuff. Looking back I should really thank the old sod! And god bless Freddie!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭Tommy Vercetti

I started off on Bon Jovi :(

/me beats himself up to save everyone else the hassle

• Registered Users Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

I'm 14 an I only really started listening to music about two years ago but I like to think I have developed a good taste in music right from the start. If I liked it I liked it and if I didn't I didn't. I still love all the same bands I did in the beginning, ie. RATM, Slayer, Metallica, SOAD, Iron Maiden, Sex Pistols, Bad Religion, Tool, Pantera, Deftones, Fugazi, etc. and I still dislike all the same bands ie. Good Charlotte, Blink182, Nickelback, Cannibal Corpse, The Darkness (though I must confess to loving the guitar work :p ), etc. Some would consider me one of the mini-moshers, only not so mini, and I can mosh properly, but I reject this as I can differentiate between me and them all-too-easily. I don't hate them, though occasionally the minority of them annoy me a lot, I pity them, because due to their close-mindedness, I can't see many of them being educated to better things, like being introduced to bands like Slayer and Shadows Fall and Dimmu Borgir because all they want is to be able to say they listen to Metallica and Slipknot. Kind of annoying but at least it means that sooner or later they'll fall out of fashion and we won't have to worry about them any more.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 849 ✭✭✭Liquorice

I am but fifteen, although the music that has been playing in my house(excluding my mother's country stuff)has always been Led Zeppelin, Horslips, Black Sabbath, Thin Lizzy, Santana etc., therefore I've been into what is classed as rock music for quite some time. Yes, I did go through the Linkin Park phase in my pre-teens, and I'm grateful for it because it made me delve deeper into the music I loved. As Marvin2k pointed out, everyone needs to look at the mainstream, easily accesible stuff first. Fine, it's fair enough to complain that they're tiny and take up valuable moshing space, but what right have all of you to deprive them of seeing the bands they love?

Then, we move onto the brats. The ones who think being 'goth' is listening to Slipknot and wearing black, and don't know who Bauhaus/Sister of Mercy/Siouxsie and the Banshees are, nor do they care about the 19th century literature that goth culture grew out of. The ones who feel entitled to be rude to everyone who listens to something other than what they listen to, even if they've never heard anything by the band/musician they're criticising. The ones who don't even look very deep into rock music and yet decide they're the authorities on it. The ones who get mad if they hear that someone who doesn't dress or act like them is listening to 'their' music. I know ten-year-olds like this, I know sixteen-year-olds like this. Thankfully, most people grow out of it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 953 ✭✭✭superconor

I am 15, and have listened to Queen, Thin Lizzy, Rory Gallagher, Alice Cooper and The Dire Straits etc from when i was knee high to a daisy. Then i found AC/DC, Guns N Roses, Iron Maiden, Black Sabbath and Led Zepplin. Around first year to end of second year, went through a nu-metal phase, yet still listened to the old stuff.

Thanks to Boards, i discovered In Flames, and developed a taste for heavier, harder stuff. Yet i still listen to the old stuff! Actually, right now im listening to All Right Now by Free.

Mini moshers come and go, but the real ones have either been here for ages, or will stick around after the trends. So live with them!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 849 ✭✭✭mentalimplosion

i'm 15 and i will honestly raise my hand and say that was listening to linkin park three years ago, and britney spears three before that. but at the same time (similar to what Liquorice said), i've been listening to the cure and television et al since i was merely a baby, thanks to my dad. and if i hadn't listened to linkin park, i wouldn't have discovered so many of the bands i love now. since i was 12, my taste in music has changed a helluva lot, but the best bands still stay (RATM, APC, The Crocketts - these are the first ones off the top of my head) and now i'm SO glad that i went through the minirocker phase at age 12, because now i'm 15, i see faux-rockers (who think that greenday are the epitome of punk) in my class, and i realise how goddman stupid they look.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭Dathai

Im 14 I started out on a diet of SOAD when I was 8 and worked my way up the metal ladder by buying Pantera's CFH album then worked my way through Pantera then moved onto bit of Death Metal.I started out on Death Metal by recieving Meshuggahs Chaosphere by getting a lend from my mates bro, I then eventually biught my own copy.Moved onto other heavy bands such as Amon Amarth, Devourment, InFlames, Morbid Angel, Marduk, Mastodon, Napalm Death, Avenger, Vader, Malevolent Creation, Agathodaimon, Daemusinem , Behemoth, Carnal Forge , Opeth and more and to this day I still favor the bands I started off with mainly because I've had such close relationship with them al these years and have listened to their albums countless times

Tommy there's nothing wrong with Bon Jovi, since they are really good! I think it's more interesting to see about a persons about first metal band more so than anything else. Sure I'm happy to admit I listen to stuff like Bon Jovi, Alainis Morisette, Less Than Jake, Green Day and AAF.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 Hell_en_earth

Alright, Mini rockers can be annoying but I know when I was 14 I pissed ppl off royally and I'm sure some of you have pi$$ed me off in a mosh in the past. But you have to live and let live. If your not lucky to have someone in your family to point you in the right direction, you pretty much have to wade throw a hell of alot of $hite before you find what your in to. So let act the b0ll0ck as you once did, or else give them a taste of being in a really mosh and beat the $hite out of 'em and they'll think twice before jumping into a mosh again!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 348 ✭✭Fuhrio

im 17 and im an alcoholic.........oh sorry thats not what were doing here...ok

good point hell_on_earth, with no one to point u where to go u are more likely to listen to the crap first.

personally i have a family of robbie williams and coldplay listeners...........took me a while to get where i am today.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement