Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

stupid damn mini metalers

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 Hell_en_earth

Originally posted by Fuhrio
    personally i have a family of robbie williams and coldplay listeners...........took me a while to get where i am today.

That's a shame!! I was lucky I had my Dad and my bother to point in the right direction but also cause I had Nirvana and Pearl Jam at the very begining so it was easy for me to get into it!! And I know I pi$$ed off all the heavy metaler's of the time before.. Getting drunk and running around like a chicken with no head!! I don't care now I'm friends with alot of them now and they slag me off! But I loved being a grunger in the early '90's it's was brillant! And I'm sure whatever the rest ar4e listening to right now will stay with ya when you move from phase to phase!! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 194 ✭✭Carlitos

yeah its not about who you listen to,whatever mood your in decides that,mini moshers have the "attitude" metallica had no albums before load type of attitude,they grow out of it and usually get educated,whether its dimmu or bloody sum41,it doesnt help to generalize,it boils down to the individual,whether they know their AC/DC from their SOAD and so on

• Registered Users Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭Bottle_of_Smoke

Originally posted by AngelofFire
    These people have a myopic vision of music.They see music as a social costume rather than a personal taste.

Do they? Every single one of them? I'd love to know how you know this, you been impersonating mini-rockers and hanging around with them for a psychological study?

That sentence really made me laugh.

If you're a psychotherapist, counseller or parent of mini rockers I'll eat my words but otherwise stop thinking about 12 year olds so very very much.

Personally I think it's great to see kids hanging out in rocker t-shirts, they're much nicer than skanger kids!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭AngelofFire

Originally posted by Bottle_of_Smoke
    Personally I think it's great to see kids hanging out in rocker t-shirts, they're much nicer than skanger kids!

you cant just lump people into two categories,its a false to assmption to suggest that everyone who isnt a skanger is a middle calss rocker or visa versa.Ive no problem with young people liking music for artistic reasons it just annoys me when they listen to rock music only beacuse they think its cool or when they choose their bands according to the tastes of the friends.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 Hell_en_earth

They are only trying to find their own way in life and who cares how they started listening, they usually end up liking the band for the music rather than what's popular at the moment anyways. Don't put them down just because you don't happen to like what they are listening too. You'll probably have them as your friends in awhile and then you can slag them off. But ya gotta let be what they want, or you've got to go around and educate each one of them in the ways of real music!! And if your not prepared to do that stop complaining!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭Kersh

Why the **** is everyone mentioning Iron maiden in with Metallica, Slipknot, etc.
    I laugh my ass off when I see anyone wearing an Iron Maiden top at gigs. May as well wear a Bros top. And they wear stupid denim jackets with patches all over them (skulls and the like). I mean ...Helloooo:o

• Registered Users Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭Dathai

Iron Maiden are good so I dont know why you are making fun of the fact that people like to support their favourite band possibly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭Ph3n0m

Originally posted by Kersh
    Why the **** is everyone mentioning Iron maiden in with Metallica, Slipknot, etc.
    I laugh my ass off when I see anyone wearing an Iron Maiden top at gigs. May as well wear a Bros top. And they wear stupid denim jackets with patches all over them (skulls and the like). I mean ...Helloooo:o

and quite simply that Iron Maiden are one of the most influential Heavy Metal bands from the 80s - without which not even the mini-metallers would have their Sum41 - who have always preached that Iron Maiden was a huge influence on them

Likewise would you laugh at people wearing a Black Sabbath t-shirt to a concert????

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭marvin2k

Personally I think it's great to see kids hanging out in rocker t-shirts, they're much nicer than skanger kids! [/B][/QUOTE]

here , here

• Registered Users Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭Kersh

I agree with you there Marvin. Skangers are awful. Much prefer mini metalers.
    I just think Iron maiden are old school, and I know one song. There just not heavy enough. Too much screechy singing. Ah well, each to there own.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭Ph3n0m

I agree with you there Marvin. Skangers are awful. Much prefer mini metalers.
    I just think Iron maiden are old school, and I know one song. There just not heavy enough. Too much screechy singing. Ah well, each to there own.

hold on - too much screechy singing and yet you only know one song!!! you need to seriously go back and listen to all of their albums from '89 backwards, hell even one song from each of all their albums would do you fine then you could possibly say "too much screechy singing" - that kinds of statement cannot possibly be backed up by only "knowing one song"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

"Helloooo"?

Sorry there Britney, I didn't realise that Maiden T-Shirts weren't in this season. I think I missed Jean-Paul Gotier's summer catalogue this time. How is Calvin Clien's new autumn Metal season coming along? I think it might be a bad idea to dive into Gotier's catalogue so late in the summer now, so I think I'll try and get a headstart on Clien. I'll look so fresh come August!

And don't get me started on your non-view of Maiden. A bagfull of deaf, blind, mute and 'Differently Abled' hampsters would've written a more accurate critique than you... Kids today! Honestly...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 424 ✭✭the_obsolete

Sure Iron Maiden's vocal was their bloody trademark Kersh (apart from Eddie *bsg*)- look at people like Manowar and more recently The Darkness...and don't discount nu-metal vocals coming from them as well. Get Number Of The Beast...it's a fu*king sweet album! Or even better get the best of - Best Of The Beast, and tell us after you don't like them and their 'screeching'!

Nice one Karl! So you like Maiden then...never coulda guessed!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭AngelofFire

i love maiden and i had a tee-shirt of them back in the late 90s back when metal wasnt so cool.

Wha, do ya want a clap or sommat?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,006 ✭✭✭Baggio

Well..ya never know what argument is going to break out here eh?.....now it's about wait for it::...Rock concert fashions?!!..,,,ahhh it's truly sad I think when folks HAVE to wear the APPROVED METAL UNIFORM..let's seeee,,hmmm... ohh yeahhh hair to me arse...denim, leathers somewhere,,,unshaven..ohh lets not forget the "hate the worl" scoul on my,,,face,,wow this is great!!,,I can go to gigs,,yeeeehaaaa Im a REALLLL rocker!!,,yeeehaaa..
    .yaawwwwnnnnsss THANK GOD I don't like any of those piss pot bands,,,I'll stick with some quality Thanx very much...
    ,,nowww,,,where did I put that RUSH T.Shirt?!¬!!!...oops!

ciao'...Baggio.....

• Registered Users Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭Töpher

:rolleyes: Man, I hope that Kersh guys ripping the piss, for his own sake!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 194 ✭✭Carlitos

eins i second that,kersh man you know one song? and thier too screechy? im confused by your confusion,but as you say to each their own....just dont make stupid,baseless statements in a music forum your asking for a flaming

It's true though Baggio...a lot of today's metallers think they need to look the part, even more so than liking the music! It's sad really.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭dimerocks

ahh what an excellent response the summer catalogue haha.also gotta say i personally think inFLAMES are a pile of tripe but you know who ****ing rule testament.such a forotten band don;t like demonic much though

• Registered Users Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭Dathai

Originally posted by Ph3n0m
    and quite simply that Iron Maiden are one of the most influential Heavy Metal bands from the 80s - without which not even the mini-metallers would have their Sum41 - who have always preached that Iron Maiden was a huge influence on them

Likewise would you laugh at people wearing a Black Sabbath t-shirt to a concert????

Without Maiden there may not have been a Children of Bodom either, as Maiden is one of Alexi's biggest influences.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 287 ✭✭iasc

i used to think iron maiden were a joke band like spinal tap, until i really listened, and found out they kick arse man

• Registered Users Posts: 767 ✭✭✭nesthead

you laugh at people at metal concerts wearing Iron maiden T-shirts?? i guess your problem with it is the fashion not the music. if it was about the music then it wouldnt matter a damn **** because maiden are the most influential metal bands of all time.

back on topic. --- the kids gotta start somewhere, better with korn and slipknot (which i started off with :rolleyes:) rather then becoming poncy retro knobs listening to The Strokes or Franz Ferdinand or some other ****e. the ones that will listen to heavy metal, will listen to it, the ones that dont will be joe normal for the rest of their lives.

id much prefer them to a big bunch a skangers hangin around town too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭princess penny

Originally posted by Hell_en_earth
    Alright, Mini rockers can be annoying but I know when I was 14 I pissed ppl off royally and I'm sure some of you have pi$$ed me off in a mosh in the past. But you have to live and let live. If your not lucky to have someone in your family to point you in the right direction, you pretty much have to wade throw a hell of alot of $hite before you find what your in to. So let act the b0ll0ck as you once did, or else give them a taste of being in a really mosh and beat the $hite out of 'em and they'll think twice before jumping into a mosh again!!

i like your thinking!...and you like Pearl Jam:)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

My bro likes slipknot etc i dont give the slightest **** if he doesnt like slayer, hes 15, i dont expect him to go check out magzines and get into the great music scene, he told me joey played at download and FRANKLY i dont see a problem with that , all i can see is some sort of jealousy why these people have better music taste than you when you were their age, agreed some like the lifestyle, **** it, whats it got to do with you ?

and that 2nd post about gasing the place, not funny, ure a muppet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

Someone...Insulting...Maiden...Must...Kill...

Kersh, there is absolutely nothing wrong with old school. :) You don't play sold out gigs for over twenty years (30, in AC/DC's case)worldwide without being good.

I have a Maiden tshirt. I don't wear it to advertise the band, I wear it because I think it looks nice. Insofar as a picture of a corpse giving you the finger can be considered "nice".

Let's see, what did I start off listening to? Now I think about it, the first music I ever bought was The Prodigy Experience. It may have been many things, including rather good, but rock it most certainly was not. Now look at me- Queen, AC/DC, Maiden, Metallica(the first few albums, anyway), Thin Lizzy, Manowar, Slayer, G'N'R...

Yes, it so happens I prefer to dress in black. Not to make a statement or "be individual" like everyone else is doing thes days. I'm much more selfish than that. Black is easier to clean, and goes with everything. I can wear the same clothes to a wedding, funeral, or drinkies with a few friends in the pub. That's not fashion. That's practical.

As was said before, let the little kiddies go to their "rock" concerts and "make the devil sign" when they dance to Avril.

But by Jesus if they're disrespectful to me or anyone in my presence then they'll get a hiding. "Being a rocker" does not give you an excuse to be rude at people for no reason. It is not an excuse to say how terrible things are, because Daddy wouldn't drop you off at the Bank of Ireland in the Beemer today because of the promotion he got. And it bloody well doesn't give you an excuse to be an authority on things you have never experienced.

Also don't forget black is supposedly very slimming!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

Curses! My trendy rock fashion secret out the window!

I mean, what are you talking about, I'm happy with my figure... *twitch*

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭dimerocks

when i was 15 i was listening to slayer still didnt fell the need to wear black and loved preety much the same bands then i do now.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement