Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vodafone MMS Limit = 100kb ???

Options
  • 03-07-2004 10:11am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 468 ✭✭

Maybe I did a Rumplestiltskin on it but for how long have Vodafone been allowing MMS messages up to 100kb ???

And does it really work? I tried emailing myself (via MMS) a 96kb video clip and I never received it. But then I changed the default size on my MMS (still) images to 'Large' and I was able to send and receive a 45kb photo without problem.

By the way, do all MMS capable phones offer the ability to change the image size?

~~~~~~~~~
    -Jim.
    http://eirepreneur.blogs.com

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

As far as I remember, 100kb has been permitted for a few weeks now.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 468 ✭✭trap4

Ok. Unfortunately it seems they're a bit fussy about what occupies that 100kb.

That video I tried MMSing never arrived and neither did a 43kb AMR (sound) file.

Can someone else please see if they can get those working, especially if you have Nokia Series 60 phone.

Thanks,
    -Jim.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,027 ✭✭✭flywheel

hi, are you trying to send them to an email or to another series 60 device?

and keep an eye on your bill just in case - they tried charging me for failed MMS send back to Ireland when over in the UK last month...

BrianG

• Registered Users Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭BigMoose

I was testing some MMS yesterday and it only arrived this morning :( so you might be lucky and it will still arrive! I am not aware of any restrictions on what the 100k is - if I have a chance I'll try and play around with it.

I'm not even 100% sure if the bigger message facility has been officially released as we were told it will happen soon but have not been told that it has actually happened... (this is not a big shock to me though if it has)

There are plans in the pipeline to allow up to 300k - but I wouldn't hold your breath for when this will be.

Trying to send them to my email Brian. As I say, I had no problems with the large still images, just the video and audio.

And I've had no problems previously with small video and audio files so it just seems to me like the 'new' limiti applies only to stills for the moment?

Will definitely keep an eye on the bill, thanks.

-Jim.

• Advertisement

I was talking to someone today who said that the larger messages do not currently support video but that that will be included "soon" (by which I think means the next couple of months).

Hmmm, ok, thanks Bigmoose. Wouldn't you think they'd clarify that on the webpage instead of wasting people's time, and presumably money :(

-Jim.

Hmm, the website actually says "picture or video" up to 100kb so maybe the info I was told was out of date. But then again...

AFAIK they only charge on delivery so if you are being charged for ones that never are, give them a call. Granted that is a waste of your time, but not so much of your money :)

Advertisement