Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vat repayments

Options
  • 03-07-2004 11:09am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭

I have a question on vat repayments. Do all your receipts for goods bought for the business have to have my company name on them?

I have a few receipts where cash was used to buy goods and the receipts say cash sales as the buyer. Can these be used to reclaim vat?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭tomED

No - you should be fine with what you have.

Well.... so my financial advisor says :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 275 ✭✭Spiritus

They don't need your name - they need the other guy's name, his VAT number and the details of what was sold.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,557 ✭✭✭DublinWriter

True...we get a lot of stuff from Compustore and PC World.

They used to ask us for our company name for the invoice, but not anymore.

You're fine as long as the vendor's name, VAT number, and a breakdown of the VAT payable is on the invoice/receipt.

BTW if you're buying from a VAT registered company in Europe then VAT is never payable as long as both vendor and purchaser are VAT registered.

Advertisement