Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SD Cards (PDA)

• 03-07-2004 2:05pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,780 ✭✭✭

HI,

Can someone confirm for me if the cards on the following page would be compatible with a Dell Axim X3?
    http://www.orcalogic.co.uk/asp/prodtype.asp?prodtype=6642&ft=d&st=1#

It says "Fully 100% Compatible will all devices that use Secure Digital Cards" but I just want to be sure I'm not missing something.

Also, some general questions:
    Has anyone ever delt with this OrcaLogic crowd?
    Is £217 STG a good price for a 1GB card?
    Would this amount of storage on the card affect the battery life of a pda?

I'd appreciate any help as I'm still very new to all this PDA stuff.

Thanks,

JohnK.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,027 ✭✭✭flywheel

I find Shop4Memory.com have good prices and service (incl free shipping).

SD Memory cards are 'supposed' to be compatible with devices that have an SD slot, but interoperability issues can arise... you should check out the forums on the likes of Axim Site, PocketPC Thoughts, PocketPC Passion to search / ask if any X3 users have feedback on that particular brand/capacity...

BrianG

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,780 ✭✭✭JohnK

Thanks for the reply Brian. That link for Shop4Memory.com is €70 cheaper for the exact same card I was looking at :eek:

I'll have to do some more checking to see if it really will work but if it does I know where I'm buying it :)

Advertisement