Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GameFaqs

Options
  • 03-07-2004 2:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭

Eh, when did poxy ****ing ****ty gamespot acquire gamefaqs? I can see that site going rapidly down the toilet in the near future :(

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

ohh ffs, your right they're gonna add like pay per cheat things and ****.

what is the world coming to.

we might have to rely on the games guru now for cheats?

• Registered Users Posts: 714 ✭✭✭Mad Mike

Originally posted by Cr3m0
    [we might have to rely on the games guru now for cheats? [/B]

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,188 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

they've had the "gamespot have x videos, x screenshots and x etc. on this game" for ages now, you just never noticed. they put up a gamespot logo, and then it clicks...

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

It not just that, the footer of each page has lots of gamespot/cnet crap too. Huge flash ads have started to appear.

I doubt they will ever charge you for an FAQ, unless it's done by Gamespot. It'd mean they'd have to start paying those who write the FAQs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Exactly. If they start to try and charge for use of the site, they're either going to have to pay all the contributors or they'll just ask for their work to be removed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,266 ✭✭✭Rnger

erm werent they always run by gamespot ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,935 ✭✭✭eyerer

down with flash ads!!

Originally posted by eyerer
    down with flash ads!!

down with Internet Explorer!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,316 ✭✭✭OfflerCrocGod

down with flash ads!!
    Here you go then.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 101 ✭✭huge

gamespot always did the news on it all i use gamefaqs for is the huge forums

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

The GameFAQs forums are a total spamfest! Have you ever tried their SSBM or Metroid Prime boards? *frowns*

• Registered Users Posts: 1,935 ✭✭✭eyerer

Originally posted by OfflerCrocGod
    Here you go then.

the link doesn't work for me for some reason, i click on the link and nothing happens

• Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭DiscoStu

the link doesn't work for me for some reason, i click on the link and nothing happens

exact same thing happened to my sisters computer a few days ago. you might have electronic gash. run adaware, run a virus scanner and patch your fecking os :)

Advertisement