Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

why I hate the Frames

• 03-07-2004 5:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭

Ok i really dislike the frames , Im down with the whole its all subjective thing , and that everyones entitled to an opinion etc , but well anyway here is mine .
    Glen Hansard telling big long really cute stories about his first kiss and a girl he liked at gigs etc and then whippin out the acoustic and singing quitely over random tinklings - skip[ the bull**** man just play some tunes .
    The frames blowing bubbles into the crowd . ahw how cute,such a pack of lick arses
    the fact that if your not friends with them or their network in the dublin music scene your ****ed
    bringing little kids up to play drums ahhh how cute -itl be kittens on bass soon -again skip the bull****
    having guys in wheelchairs play with you on tv, very hard to criticise without seeming like an insensitive bollix -oh your such a pc nice guy glen
    always complaining that they arent gettin the credit they deserve - write a decent album without lick arse song titles like mammy song and star song and il give ya credit , for gods sake such a pack of lick arses.
    covering johhny cash and justin timberlakle by just slowing the song down with an acoustic and turning the hansard croonomatic up to eleven - how creative of you u ledgend,
    ok bitchin over on the flipside revelate is one of the most underated unbelieveable rock ballads of all time , yikes here comes the backlash .

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭cartman

what mordeth said

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,005 ✭✭✭Creature

:D well said!

I dislike them because Glen Hansard is a whiny little bastard tbh.

Though you're right Revelate is a good song.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 Crotch Chop

I fully agree. Glen Hansard is so friggin' pretencious.

Here's an interesting fact: The Frames (aka Glens band) ripped off a "Bobby Pulls a Wilson" song (totally ripped off), and it was so blatant that they called it "Song for Paul", as if it was a "tribute" to the BPAW singer...
    Anywho, The Frames coughed up a nice Digital 8 track so BPAW wouldn't sue or whatever (and I believe they had the nerve to release the rip-off as a single). This was back in 1999.

Glen Hansard = Slimey little 2-faced pr*ck. Up his own arse.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 6,524 Mod ✭✭✭✭dregin

Well said :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,347 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Oh crap, you've gone and done it now. What's the betting their next single will be entitled "Song for Marvin2K" and will be a long winded, whiny accoustic rant about how the internet doesn't 'get them.'

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

Rock / Metal

I cant stand him. Hes quiet possibly the most annoying musician alive and his music sounds like so many other bands, only they're all far superior to him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 293 ✭✭Buck Owens

This is what it's like listening to the frames...............................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................What?

They suck ass!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭chewy

the do have a very annoying core of uber fans who think they are there bands friends

• Advertisement

the do have a very annoying core of uber fans who think they are there bands friends

God I know some and they are the most annoying bunch of **** ever. They seem to think that the Frames redefined music or something.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭dimerocks

my buddy met glen hansard in the brog in cork on monday night and waved at glen so glen came over thinking he was a fan.biggest mistake of the night for glen. my buddy abused him giving him all the reasons he hates them and just as glen was going said, "my buddy graham finn who used be in bass odesy was wondering what you have done with yourself since the commitments"

• Registered Users Posts: 5 barryg

Wow. You know, I kindof thought this but never admitted it to myself, main reason being that more than 50% of their songs are brilliant. But your dead right, they are whiney and appeal to the femininity of the audience.

I have another gripe about the frames. They encourage people to sing. Now I can't sing but I hate it when I can hear people beside me out of tune and messing up the acoustic experience for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭marvin2k

and he was marvin2k - tinkle tinkle tinkle - he didnt like us tinkle tinkle
    cue bubble blowing and moody violins
    tinkle tinkle but i missed her love oh oh oh oh oh oh her lovvvvveeeee

suck a fart out of my hairy arse glen

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭Töpher

Whats witht he over extending and attemp to yell the last word of a verse/chorus?

See above as depicted by Marvin2k...
    lovvvvveeeee
    tryyyyyyyyyyy
    cryyyyyyyyyyy
    dieeeeeeeeee
    flyyyyyyyyyyyy
    etc etc etc e-fúcking-tc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,945 ✭✭✭D-Generate

Woo Frames bashing! I whole heartedly endorse this service and/or product!

Can we extend some of the rants towards other Irish Singer/Songwriters who seem to have quit English class after first class and now are stuck with simple "Cat sat on the mat" style rhyming patterns. Paddy Casey I am looking at you right now. I await the flaming of their fans.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Originally posted by D-Generate
    Woo Frames bashing! I whole heartedly endorse this service and/or product!

Can we extend some of the rants towards other Irish Singer/Songwriters who seem to have quit English class after first class and now are stuck with simple "Cat sat on the mat" style rhyming patterns. Paddy Casey I am looking at you right now. I await the flaming of their fans.

I concur with this sentiment 110%

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭Mystic Fibrosis

You can't help but hate the "ingenuity" of using about 6 chords in EVERY song either, can you....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 378 ✭✭wiped

Well done to this thread and all it's posters .... bout time the Frames backlash began ..... they're are utter ****.

"Whining ****.in' Maggots"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 378 ✭✭wiped

Originally posted by wiped
    Well done to this thread and all it's posters .... bout time the Frames backlash began ..... they're utter ****.

"Whining fnckin' Maggots"

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

idiots

this thread makes me weep for the state of humanity

Witnness last year I stand amongst a crowd of over anxious people desperate to see the Frames. Glen walks on and a cheer abounds throughout the audiance.I stand bored as Glen lets rip into a chorus of some song, they all sound the same to me. About fourty minutes in I see Wayne Coyne at the side of the stage so I start calling out his name and beckoning him over. Its is then that Glen starts... "this is a song about a dog I once knew" "This is a song about a girl I met". After about five minutes of this I was contemplating whether or not I could slash my wrist on a plastic water bottle.
    Its put me off going to music festivals or concerts where theyre on the bill.

they are just obsessed with themselves

• Closed Accounts Posts: 610 ✭✭✭article6

Originally posted by Mystic Fibrosis
    You can't help but hate the "ingenuity" of using about 6 chords in EVERY song either, can you....

You'd prefer if they were one-chord wonders?

"Lisa, what's the opposite of that Schadenfreude thingy?"
    "Sour grapes."
    "Man, those Germans have a word for everything!"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

Its almost become popular to like them again.

I like The Frames. I like they're music. I enjoy Glen's little stories, I definatly wouldn't descibe him as pretentious.

Apart from all that though....you basically said you don't like The Frames because you don't like Glen and you don't like certain things they do (kids on stage, wheelchair etc...) Aren't they a band. Can't you just not like they're music and get on with not listening to them. There is alot of Frames bashing these days, most of which are just rants saying they are bollox and not contributing anything else to the argument. But I expected if someone bothered to start a thread on the subject that they'd have something almost intelligent to say on the subject.

As for they're 6 chords in every song, that is a bit of an exageration [sp?]. But tbh, most songs are made up of the same chords if you look at them, most rock / metal anyway.

I hate Metal music, but I don't go around bad mouthing the bands, I couldn't be bothered and I'm sure that it'd just annoy fans of metal music if I did, or else they wouldn't care.

Its music, don't like it? Don't listen to it, don't go to they're gigs, don't buy they're CD's.

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭marvin2k

but theyre such lick arses id try my best to enjoy the music but its such contrived `''lets play sweet songs for the girls ``they are totally working an angle and i cant get the image of glens big whiney head out my mind when i hear them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭DerekD Goldfish

I used to be a big frames fan but in the past year or two my admiration has waned. They have some good songs but they can be a bit samey and whiney. glen can also get on my nerves at times. I dont dislike them now but i dont lisin to the albums regularly altough ill probably give their next album a try to reconvert me.

but if you seen them once you've heard all their stories.. same as any band.. really

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭Mystic Fibrosis

Originally posted by Jimeatsmenu
    As for they're 6 chords in every song, that is a bit of an exaggeration

Oh, it's only 5?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 119 ✭✭coldenmean

ok.. as someone who actually does like their music... i read the start of this thread and nearly fell off my chair... marvin2k your a great writer,,,, but you expected some sort of backlash against you? here? in a metal forum? pah!(that obviously didnt happen) and there are plenty of people like myself out there who like lots of stuff and wont take a flamer about a band as though theyve been personally stabbed in the gut by the 'perpetrator' .... f**k that ... go the freedom of speech malarcky and all that!
    an hating the fluffy bunny blowing bubbles music... i do understand.. thats what slayer are there for!! but there is this sad little bit of my ear that is drawn to folk..... oh crap.. there.. ive said it... my secrets out...:ninja:

Advertisement