Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

why I hate the Frames

Options
1235»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 358 ✭✭begbie

I hate The Frames.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 287 ✭✭iasc

didnt he change his name to 'Glen Handsome'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 790 ✭✭✭Redleslie2

RE*AC*TOR wrote:
    They only had one album with Island the little known piece of sh*t Another Love Song .
    It was produced by Gil Norton who had produced the Pixies Doolittle album. I've only heard one Frames tune I liked, then I heard later that they'd nicked it from another Dublin band. They're mediocre beyond belief and they'll be playing Whelans forever and ever.

And I dunno why their fans always making a big deal about Albini producing them. He's produced hundreds of bands, it's not like he's some sort of mad recluse who'll only come out and work once in a blue moon on the next Nirvanaesque megaband or something. He produced Mclusky though, and they kick the pimply whiny arses of the Frames all over the place.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,745 ✭✭✭doonothing

hmmm...what exactly does glen hansard do that makes him such an asshole? from what i've seen of him he's a lovely guy, he always seems like he's enjoying the gig, and he gives it his all, i mean, why do you all hold such a grudge against him?
    and the frames have some amazing songs and are one of the best bands out there, IN MY OPINION. which, i suppose, is wrong?
    im just after getting back from the frames gig in marlay park, and it was incredible. absolutely amazing.
    i just dont get why you all hate them so much, i mean, is anyone FORCING you to like their music or listen to it or anything? there's a lot of bands out there, why are you moaning so much about the frames? there's a hell of a lot worse music in the world.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,097 ✭✭✭mada999

hey frames haters, when you can write and perform better songs then you can slag em off, just fúck off somewhere and listen to your slipknot - knobjockeys the lot of ya's. . . . . .

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

I would imagine half the posters here already have...

Written better songs, that is, not gone to listen to Slipknot.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,097 ✭✭✭mada999

lets hear these better songs then . . . . . . .

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

This thread still going?
    I thought we agreed noone is going to change their opinion of The Frames no matter what anyone here says.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,918 ✭✭✭Deadwing

I have to say, i never liked the frames, but i went to the marlay park gig last night (at my gf's behest) and was totally blown away. And before anyone accuses me of being a college rock loving limp dicked pussy, i listen to anything from nine inch nails to slayer, to type o negative, jeff buckley to meshuggah. And as someone said, glen really seemed to be giving it his all, thier performance totally blew me away, excellent live band, some good tunes, and best of all, covers of been caught stealing, and where is my mind? by the pixies :D

Ps: Supergrass kicked fucking ass, but i missed idlewild :( Can anyone tell me what they were like??

I thought Idlewild were good. Only have one album and only listened to it twice (got it a week ago) but I did recognise some of the songs. I enjoyed them. The people I was with are fans and they said that they were better the other times they saw them.

But I said that if I'd never heard them before their preformance would make me buy an album.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,918 ✭✭✭Deadwing

Yeah i only have 100 broken windows, got it years ago but i really love that album. A friend of mine saw them support placebo and said they totally blew placebo off the stage. What did ya think of supergrass? I was pretty impressed myself, id forgotten how many good songs that had, and they thankfully left out the excerable 'alright' from thier setlist.

Didn't get to see them. Not a huge fan, so went beering instead. Only song I really like / know is Movin', which I was happy to hear across the field.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 849 ✭✭✭mentalimplosion

idlewild were ok, taking into account i know not a lot of their stuff. the stuff i did know, however, was good. supergrass were better than i thought they'd be but i think it really wasn't their crowd and so they weren't giving it their all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭dimerocks

can ye picture it now, poor glen when hes 70 in whealans lamenting about his dog who died and he wrote the song star star for, ohh tis a sweet sweet image. oh i remember the day when he was the fresh faced young un in the commitments singing mustang sally

• Closed Accounts Posts: 631 ✭✭✭daram

he didnt sing in the commitments you ****en moron

• Registered Users Posts: 3,430 ✭✭✭lee_baby_simms

he didnt sing in the commitments you ****en moron

well he did backing vocals and he played guitar. you remember him? outspan his name was.

why did glen hansard cross the road?

to get to the middle.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 99 ✭✭L.W

marvin2k wrote:
    Ok i really dislike the frames , Im down with the whole its all subjective thing , and that everyones entitled to an opinion etc , but well anyway here is mine .
    Glen Hansard telling big long really cute stories about his first kiss and a girl he liked at gigs etc and then whippin out the acoustic and singing quitely over random tinklings - skip[ the bull**** man just play some tunes .
    The frames blowing bubbles into the crowd . ahw how cute,such a pack of lick arses
    the fact that if your not friends with them or their network in the dublin music scene your ****ed
    bringing little kids up to play drums ahhh how cute -itl be kittens on bass soon -again skip the bull****
    having guys in wheelchairs play with you on tv, very hard to criticise without seeming like an insensitive bollix -oh your such a pc nice guy glen
    always complaining that they arent gettin the credit they deserve - write a decent album without lick arse song titles like mammy song and star song and il give ya credit , for gods sake such a pack of lick arses.
    covering johhny cash and justin timberlakle by just slowing the song down with an acoustic and turning the hansard croonomatic up to eleven - how creative of you u ledgend,
    ok bitchin over on the flipside revelate is one of the most underated unbelieveable rock ballads of all time , yikes here comes the backlash .

for someone who hates the frames so much you seem to know a hell of a lot about them.
    and for the rest of you....if you hate the frames so much why is this thread about the frames so bloody long??? Go discuss something you like. I dont like many things....so i tend not to start threads about them.
    And i cant help thinking people are just jealous of their success.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,848 ✭✭✭✭Doctor J

L.W wrote:
    And i cant help thinking people are just jealous of their success.

This is a nation of begrudgers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

And sub-par musicians.

(He said, wondering just how much further this can be pushed... :) )

Advertisement