Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

spiderman 2

• 03-07-2004 6:00pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭

what did ye think of it?
    i thought is was entertaining, spidey rocks, graphics were amazing but there was too much soppy ****, like the last film but even more of it in this,

what did every1 else think?

Krispie

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,036 ✭✭✭✭Stark

but there was too much soppy ****, like the last film but even more of it in this.

I'm fine with all once they don't have another sickeningly pro-american ending like the last time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 920 ✭✭✭elvis2002

I thought was much better than the first, and the first was excellant. Some of the visuals are unbelievable. I need to go to cinema to get the full effect though now, the auld downloadables just aren't the same........... :-;

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,036 ✭✭✭✭Stark

When's it going to be in the cinema?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 596 ✭✭✭DirtyDog

Saw it in the states the other day, very good - special Effects were brilliant, much more realistic than the first. Although i felt it dragged a little in the centre, around the love story as they should of had more of the doc in it. I was a little disapointed they seem to ******* lined up for No 3, would of prefered a Venom storyline....but other than that I really enjoyed it, great comic book popcorn movie, Great to see on the big screen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

a venom storyline would be excellent for number 3.

not seen two yet (damn BB installation delays) but will be at the cinema the minute it's out.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rew

Stuck a review on the review board. Generaly not as good as first, covers too much of the same ground. CG is very doge in spots and Toby McGuire is a crap actor....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

I though it was a very good movie and it expanded on the first movie very well. Doc Ock was a character I have never liked in the comics but the movie version of him is so very cool and very well played. The effects were up to and above the standard set in the first one and the Doc Ock effects for the arms really work well.

Well worth seeing if your an action fan and a must see for any comic fans.

Originally posted by elvis2002
    I thought was much better than the first, and the first was excellant. Some of the visuals are unbelievable. I need to go to cinema to get the full effect though now, the auld downloadables just aren't the same........... :-;

Bloody good quality release though :)

Its out here on the 15th out in the USA since the 2nd and out on the net since the 1st.

Has some NYC pride type scenes like the fist not quite as over the top though. The plot for the third is fairly clearly laid down at the end but I reckon anyone could guess it already.

DirtyDog (or mod) you should really edit in some spoiler text for the villian in 3 in to your post to be fair to those that havent seen it.... :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 596 ✭✭✭DirtyDog

Originally posted by Rew
    Bloody good quality release though :)
    DirtyDog (or mod) you should really edit in some spoiler text for the villian in 3 in to your post to be fair to those that havent seen it.... :mad:

Agreed and changed, was still asleep when i wrote it :)

Hope i didnt spoil it for anyone

• Closed Accounts Posts: 920 ✭✭✭elvis2002

Yah, the one going on the internet is very good quality. Most of the cinema recordings are really good nowadays. Not like years ago.

I was reading the other day that some 14 year old kid got caught recording spiderman 2 in a cinema in america. Apparently they caught him with Night Vision glasses. People working in the cinema get 250 dollars for anybody they find recording a movie.

Can't believe it's on torrents, warez, ftp, kazaa so bloody quickly!!

• Advertisement

The really good one going around is a Telecine not a Cam from a cinema.

The Irish cinemas were issued NVGs for Harry Potter, there is a thread around here some where about it. The studios are going to have to adapt there busniess model, illegale distrabution is going to start rivling leagl distrabution!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭flogen

Originally posted by Rew

I'm sure I read in empire Raimi saying he didnt like that perticular bad-guy...:D

While I havent seen the film, it was pointed out to me that there are numerous possible bad guys set up for the next one... so who knows?

(from the ads, the film looks much darker than the first, which I like..)

flogen

Originally posted by flogen
    I'm sure I read in empire Raimi saying he didnt like that perticular bad-guy...:D

While I havent seen the film, it was pointed out to me that there are numerous possible bad guys set up for the next one... so who knows?

(from the ads, the film looks much darker than the first, which I like..)

Its not that dark and that particular bad guy is spelled out at the end of the movie basiclly, you will see what I mean. Other then adding a couple of bad guys for 3 (which would be cool) I cannt see how they could change it. To be honest its been comeing since the first movie.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,482 ✭✭✭RE*AC*TOR

The dialogue was appaulling! I hate the US infatuation with overly sentimental, moralistic dialogue - it was like watching brother bear ffs. All scenes with Aunt May were like this, the scene with Dock Ock, PP and Dock Ocks wife was also particularily bad - and the scene when PP went for a check up.

Some of th eaction scenes were quite good - but the movie was badly let down by the dialogue.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

Some of the actions scenes were very good but I felt most were let down somewhat by shabby CG.. Spiderman himself looked very poor when he was swinging through New York... The story was soo but was ruined by the same old crap, a stupid and overly complicated love story...

Overall a 6/10 for me... Better than the first though!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

doubt i'll bother going to see spiderman 3 unless they use the Venom/symbiote storyline...
    looking forward to watching 2:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,951 ✭✭✭L5

Originally posted by Rew

The Irish cinemas were issued NVGs for Harry Potter, there is a thread around here some where about it. The studios are going to have to adapt there busniess model, illegale distrabution is going to start rivling leagl distrabution!

Agreed, its an excellent release, sound is perfect, picture is almost perfect if a little dark.
    Ill still go see it in the cinema.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,701 ✭✭✭Bacchus

Saw it two days ago over here in Canada. Have to say that it is a least as good as the first one if not better.

The action and special effects were mind blowing at times. There are one or two shots that look a bit dodge but nothing to get hung up about.
    The acting and direction is once again excellent. Tobey Maguire puts in a great performance as does the supporting cast, most notably Alfred Molina as Doc Oc and J.K. Simmons as J. Jonah Jameson. James Franco is very good as Harry Osborn. I liked how they handled his character after the first movie where he blamed Spiderman for his fathers death.
    That plays a big part in this movie
    They really put Peter Parker through hell and show that behind Spiderman is a kid who's life is falling apart because he is Spiderman - he loses his job, loses MJ, failing uni, lives in a **** apartment he can't afford etc. This begins to affect his life as Spiderman too. As he begins to lose sight of why he does what he does as Spiderman, his powers begin to falter to the point where he decides to give up being Spiderman - which is really moving when you see him turn his back and walk away from some guy getting beat up in an alley by two thugs
    Ok, some of the scenes with Aunt May are a bit maukish and feel like something from Bear in the Big Blue house but that's my only complaint.
    There are some great influences from Evil Dead in this movie too...
    the scene where Doc Oc is on the surgery table after the accident is incredible. The four mecanical limbs flying around attacking the doctors and nurses is incredibly shot and is quite violent. There's a great bit involving a chainsaw which I found hilarious. Bruce Campbell makes a cool cameo too.

They set up the next movie nicely too, I'm not even going to spoiler tag it coz i know someone's going to read it and immediately reget it.

Anyway, go see this movie. It's great. If you liked the first one, you'll love this one. If you didn't like the first one, who knows maybe you might be surprised.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Originally posted by Bacchus
    They set up the next movie nicely too, I'm not even going to spoiler tag it coz i know someone's going to read it and immediately reget it.
    Thanks. I'm one of those "can resist everything but temptation" types.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,299 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

Watched this last night.
    It wasnt what I was expecting.
    The plot was very slow moving and too much time focused on his relationship with MJ.
    Doc Oc had very little screen time and wasnt as evil as he is in the comics.
    He was more misguided in this film ,as it seems are all spiderman's enemies.
    Too much soppiness ,not enough action but still enjoyable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

Pretty decent, better than the last one but still not that good. You sortof watch it, enjoy it (popcorn movie) and forget about it, X-Men 2 was still better.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,669 ✭✭✭DMT

Originally posted by Rew

Would that be VCD SVCD or xvid?

Advertisement