Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Little Caesars, Dublin = sh*thole.

• 03-07-2004 6:45pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 13

RE: Little Caesars in Dublin.
    I attended this restaurant last year with a party of 10.

1) We were 15 minutes waiting for our BOOKED table.
    2) It was too hot.
    3) The music was loud and inappropriate (Dance music - wtf?).
    4) They squashed all of us at an 8-person table.
    5) The food was average (One example: My Roast Potatoes were hard on the inside).
    6) One of the girls we were with nearly drank a glass of water that had a spider skeleton in it. When we complained, they made a joke of it, and started singing "Incy Wincy Spider" and laughing- then they emptied the glass and polished it with a napkin and gave it back to her. She was actually quite shaken, as the spider had touched her lip, which is why she hesitated to drink it.
    7) The waiters should spend less time looking at themselves in the mirror and trying to be "cool", and concentrate on their job.
    8) I asked for a Club Orange or Fanta, and I got a cheap imitation (e.g. Cadet). They still insisted it was Fanta.
    9) They served regular prawns to a lady beside me, which were on the menu as ‘Tiger Prawns’. When she complained, they laughed and said that they had received the wrong delivery, which is why she didn’t get the Tiger Prawns. Yet they were serving and charging the regular prawns as the ‘Tiger Prawns’.

This is one place I will never go to again.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 867 ✭✭✭l3rian

Sucker. I guess you might be a bit more careful the next time.

:D:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 295 ✭✭jo.king

I have to agree - when I was their last they hovered over us until somebody had finished there starter...and then took their plate instead of waiting for the rest of us to finish. When they had served us our main course all the waiters stood over us again, I had to ask where they short of tables or something...he said no but still stood there ... wont be going there again in a hurry!!

P.S. Pizza was served cold and wet...even after i returned it to be cooked again!!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 954 ✭✭✭ChipZilla

Why didn't both of you get up and walk out? Nothing concentrates the mind of a resturant manager quite like a bunch of people leaving halfway though a meal.

kinda difficult when your with your new girlfriends friends and you dont really know if anybody else is thinking the same!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

You don't have to pay for a meal if it isn't up to standard. There was an article on this in an issue of "food and wine ireland" a few months back. you're not buying a product in a restaurant as such, more like a service.

• Advertisement

Originally posted by jo.king
    kinda difficult when your with your new girlfriends friends and you dont really know if anybody else is thinking the same!

Show's them you're a 'grab the bull by the horns' type of guy. Now they'll just think you're a walkover who'll put up with any kind of crap...

Ahhh Jeze ... i need a hug!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,488 ✭✭✭SantaHoe

Suggestion noted.
    Sounds like a kip alright.
    lol, dance music while you're trying to eat, or *shock* maybe even trying to have a conversation.
    Ever thought of being a resturaunt reviewer/food critic?

Ahhh Jeze ... i need a hug!

Only kiddin with ye... it sounds like one to be avoided alright. There are crappy dives like that in every town in the country - you should never be afraid to kick up sh*t if things aren't to your liking. Who cares if people stare? It's *your* hard earned money, and it's better in your pocket than the owner's pocket if the food is crap.

Yea - well said!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭Töpher

I was last there about 4 years ago, and it was ok then, was thinking of going again (cuz the food was actually good then!) but dont think I'll be wasting my time and money, I'll be going elsewhere purely because of the bad hype on it now.
    Thanking ye :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭LoneGunM@n

I used to go there often for family occasions & for nights out with the better half!

I always found it to be a great place to go [great food, fairly large portion sizes, friendly staff and nice atmosphere - always thought it was cramped though].

I hadn't been in about 6 months and went back for my Mam's birthday ... talk about a huge let down ... food was mediocre and cold, the portion sizes seemed to be half that of previous visits, the staff were very sullen and rude ... I don't know about anyone else, but I hate it when waiters/waitresses are buzzing around looking to lift your plate [even if you're finished yet] ... Waiters/Waitresses should be trained to not approach a table to lift empty dishes, until everyone has finished eating.

I will never go back, unless I hear that they have made huge changes to their setup etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,375 ✭✭✭kmick

Food was crap and the portions were small.
    Service charges was included in the bill (on a table of two) no choice but to pay it.
    €30 for two Pasta Arriabiata a coke and a cofee.
    No lunch menu so we paid full evening price at 1 pm.
    When we were leaving one of the waiters stopped us insisting we must pay the bill which we had already paid.

Will not be going back.

Italian food generally sucks in Ireland but there is a place in Rathgar which tries a little bit harder.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭LoneGunM@n

Originally posted by kmick
    Italian food generally sucks in Ireland but there is a place in Rathgar which tries a little bit harder.

I've heard good things about Romanos on Caple Street ... I've booked a table for Saturday night, so I'm hoping it lives up to the hype its been given!

If you guys are looking for a really good Italian and at a reasonable price (on the southside) check out Toscana's along the seafront in Dun Laoghaire.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,230 ✭✭✭OLDYELLAR

seriously there was a dead spider in a girls glass?
    oh my god thats disgusting , did you complain to anybody in authority about this place , health and safety or something because them just polishing the glass and giving it back to her is one of the most disgusting things i heard in a long time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,711 ✭✭✭Dr. Dre

even after i returned it to be cooked again!!!!!

:eek: This is a golden rule which should never, NEVER be broken!

If you get bad food in a restaurant, you're better off walking out, giving food back is an absolute no no, you're only asking for trouble*

*Trouble = saliva, mucus...etc..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,045 ✭✭✭✭tk123

Originally posted by Dr. Dre
    :eek: This is a golden rule which should never, NEVER be broken!

If you get bad food in a restaurant, you're better off walking out, giving food back is an absolute no no, you're only asking for trouble*

*Trouble = saliva, mucus...etc..

eeeeeeeewwwwwwwwwwww "etc"!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,322 ✭✭✭Repli

That place really sucks - check out cafe bar deli on georges st for a good resteraunt - great service, friendly staff, nice food, a bar

my frend told me when she was working in a restaurant in cork before , that one time this guy sent back a steak because it was under done and the chef rubbed his genitals off it and then recooked it , thats gross like but it could be bull , :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,563 ✭✭✭leeroybrown

At least he re-cooked it afterwards. ;)

I remember a friend who used to work as a waiter years ago telling me about someone who had sent their soup back with a complaint during a very busy christmas serving. They got a new bowl of soup alright but it probably should have come with a biohazard symbol after the waiter who received the complaint was finished with it.

i would never ever send back food after some of the story i`ve heard about down the pants treatmens of food , i dont even like getting sauce in a lot of places , ewwwww makes me cringe thinking about it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,322 ✭✭✭Repli

Originally posted by OLDYELLAR
    i would never ever send back food after some of the story i`ve heard about down the pants treatmens of food , i dont even like getting sauce in a lot of places , ewwwww makes me cringe thinking about it

be sure not to order the cream of mushroom soup then :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,148 ✭✭✭✭Lemming

Originally posted by Repli
    be sure not to order the cream of mushroom soup then :D

sick, sick man!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 857 ✭✭✭Corega

I too have exceedingly low appraisals regarding Little Caesar's. Buono Sera in Dundrum appears to be quite good, and there's a place in Limerick beside the Clarion hotel that I tried out last weekend, can't remember the name of the place, but the food was divine, the music was apt and not the normal Tesco-type music your average dive has and on top of that the staff were friendly, weren't afraid of chatting with their customer's, knew how to serve food properly (i.e. serve the ladies at the table first, offer freshly ground pepper/parmesan/olive oil, what every waiter and waitress should know in other words). As for the cost, a mere €19.95 for three courses and a coffee.

When a place really makes the effort and provides a good quality meal with a smile and a mannerly approach it shouldn't need to spend large amount's on advertising itself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,416 ✭✭✭griffdaddy

little caesars is a chain of restaraunts though, i dont think it's fair to tar them all with one brush. i've never eaten in any of them but i hear rathfarnham and terenure's branches are tasty

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,468 ✭✭✭Lex_Diamonds

What do people think of Pasta Fresca off Grafton Street?

Havent been in a good while and was planning on going, but it seems most places go to ****e after a while.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,695 ✭✭✭dathi1

That place really sucks - check out cafe bar deli on georges st for a good resteraunt - great service, friendly staff, nice food, a bar
    I second that!! Great value too..no rip off prices like in Cesar's. The goats cheese pizza is second to none and the house white is perfect.

• Registered Users Posts: 647 ✭✭✭My name is Mud

little caesars... ... ...terenure's branches are tasty

Erm... i would recommend Marios in Terenure if you're heading this end (I live in Terenure). I have been to both, and Marios is just better for the many reasons cited above about Little C's.

Oh yeah, dont even try Big Ciceros... 3 Italian restaurants beside each other in Terenure, and Big Ciceros is always empty...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,889 ✭✭✭Third_Echelon

Have to agree that the food in Cafe Bar Deli on Georges st is really good.. Ive been there a few times now, and i've never been dissapointed...

I heard that about 2 years ago the heaf chef that was in Little Ceasars left over some dispute and opened up his own place...

apparently thats why it has gone downhill since.. they havent replaced him with a decent head-chef...

after hearing all those bad stories, i dont think ill ever go to that place... :(

Advertisement