Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Little Caesars, Dublin = sh*thole.

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 484 ✭✭ssh

I thought I'd throw in my own experiences with LC on Grafton St.

Table booked for 20 people. Seated 30 minutes late. We were fine with that, we were a big group.

Food arrives, nothing special. Offensive range of beers (the usual diageo crud). Didn't drink the wine, though I assume it was alright. Place is much too hot and music is too loud.

We finish our main courses and are told that we will not be served dessert, as we are supposed to be out by 2130. We point out that we were 30 minutes late being seated and would walk out while making a fuss if we weren't given our full allotted time.

They give us dessert, we eat, pay and then leave, being scowled at by all staff present.

I won't go back. If you want italian food on the cheap go around the corner to Pizza Stop. Food, service and atmosphere is better for half the price.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,580 ✭✭✭uberwolf

I'd never go back there either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

It seems to be a common thing now with Irish restaurants. Some of them lower their prices slightly, and begin to attract the scum, and then they cater for them, with poor service, poor food, and poor surroundings.

Little Venice in Templeogue village used to be a decent, respectable restaurant about 5 years ago. I liked it because it liked Italian, and it was localish.

Then it just went badly downhill. It was always a little cramped, and the manager was always an ignorant prick, but the last time I was there was two years ago.

Dance music playing - no. Nobody wants to hear pop music while they eat. If you must play music, play something mellow or classical.
    Uneven tables. And badly uneven. There were 8 of us, our table made up of 4 separate tables, and none of them were stable or matched up. I'm talking a cm or two difference in height.
    About 20 minutes in, a group of very young girls came in and sat down. The next 45 minutes were an ordeal of screeching young ones, and their mates coming in to join them, and shouting at eachother. The staff were constantly telling them to keep it down. They should have kicked them out after the second time. Once all these girls had arrived (12 roughly) they ordered two pizzas between them all, and the staff politely told them it was a €15 a head minimum order (blatant lie). So the girls left with plenty of ****ing and jaysusing.

Twas just a wholly unpleasant experience.

La Banca in Lucan is a very nice Italian restaurant. They are bit rushed sometimes (he's always overbooked), but they have a very nice intimate bar downstairs, which on the weekends has a guy doing some cabaret stuff. It gets packed too, but it's better than sitting around bored waiting for your table - even if you book, you can be left waiting for a little while, because they do sittings, but have the good grace not to force people out at the end of a sitting.
    The food is delicious though, and the staff are very good. Prices are in the mid-to high scale, but well worth it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,416 ✭✭✭griffdaddy

yeah marios in terenure is good

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,711 ✭✭✭Dr. Dre

Originally posted by seamus

Uneven tables

Off topic, but isn't that one of the most annoying things in pubs/restaurants? - and it's getting to the stage where the trendy spots don't even have beermats anymore, so there is no chance of fixing it yourself like in the old days ;)

Another reason why I'm happy to stick to my "old mans" pups, none of your poxy brushed aluminium or stainless steel there either! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,557 ✭✭✭DublinWriter

Originally posted by Crotch Chop
    RE: Little Caesars in Dublin.
    I attended this restaurant last year with a party of 10.

...our experience at Christmas last year in LC with a party of 10+ wasn't as horrific as yours, but the food and service were both mediocre and we wouldn't be back.

I think we got off lightly reading your post!

Advertisement