Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

NEC Nijmegen -v- Cork City

• 03-07-2004 7:20pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭

Intertoto Second round, the match is coming up to half-time and its currently 0-0. Nijmegen are in the Dutch league so they are a decent side and Cork's 9/1 odd's speak for itself. Cork are really representing the Eircom league well and it looks like Summer football is paying off. A 1 goal defeat in this match won't be too bad going into the second leg. If Cork win over the two legs they play Nantes in round 3 for a place in the semi-final.

http://www.livescore.com/default.dll

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Impressive! 20 mins to go.

Mike.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Go on ya boyos !!!!

9 Minutes to go !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

0-0 FT.

NEC started to up their game in the last 10 minutes and Cork's keeper, Devine kept them in it with a few good saves. The Malmo fans booed their own team last week and the NEC players also got booed off the park tonight. Well done Cork! They should win it at Turner's Cross and you should get decent odds or Cork.

Still playing extra-time according to http://www.livescore.com/default.dll

edit. Full time now! :) Well done boyos.

Mike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Well the 2nd leg is this Sunday, was just in the ground a while ago, tickets are flying, a full house is almost a dead cert.

Anyone who even has the slightest interest in football who is in the Cork area should try get there, it will be one for the ages.

My prediction - 2-2 :( with NEC getting a late equaliser to go through on away goals.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,981 ✭✭✭Big Ears

I predict a magical 2-1 for Cork , withy a lot of defensive and goalkeeping work for them during the game .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Come on Cork we need those grading points.

kdjac

Unfortunately, no matter how well City do, it does nothing for the eL UEFA co-efficient.

Its only results in the CL qualifiers and UEFA cup that give us these points.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,148 ✭✭✭✭Raskolnikov

I've got my tickets for this game :D If Cork pull this off then I'll expect to see some party after.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

1-0 to Cork, Doyle on 47 - go on the Langers.

• Advertisement

Originally posted by gimmick
    Unfortunately, no matter how well City do, it does nothing for the eL UEFA co-efficient.

Its only results in the CL qualifiers and UEFA cup that give us these points.

We do get points, Pats won 2 rounds before and we got moved up uefa list Club league slightly. Then Shels lost to Maltese (my new fav foreign team ) and put us back down again.

kdjac

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Pigman II

Looks like they've made it.

Only 3 more rounds to go now :)

Full time 1- 0. Begob!

Mike.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,148 ✭✭✭✭Raskolnikov

It wasn't a a fabulous game but there were plenty of thrills, especially in the last five minutes when NEC bucked up and put pressure on City. We held out though, a famous victory! Boyle was magnificent throughout the game on the right, deserved the goal. Don't think I'll be going out to Nantes but will definitely get tickets for the home leg.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,147 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

Fair play to them a great result. Will be very hard against Nantes but ya never know :) Would be great to see them go all the way!

A great result , but I fairly tough draw .

On the positive side of things Nantes arent all that much better than NEC .

This result even got a mention on Sky Text :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭Hairy Homer

Is Pat Dolan the best thing that ever happened to the League of Ireland?
    Discuss

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Pigman II

Originally posted by Hairy Homer
    Discuss
    No. But summer football may very well turn out to be.

• Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 12,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭cournioni

Great win. Nice to see EL teams doing well. They deserve more coverage and praise than they get right now. Here's hoping for another victory against Nantes.

Amazing result for City.

I have never seen a more comfortable 1-0 win in my life.

• Advertisement

Originally posted by Hairy Homer
    Discuss

Yes but now he has a whole county to himself in Dublin he was compteting with 6 other teams. Dont like him cos hes a gangster but he is very good for the league.

Well done cork.

kdjac

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,372 ✭✭✭Illkillya

Originally posted by KdjaC
    Yes but now he has a whole county to himself in Dublin he was compteting with 6 other teams.

Cork City is not the only club in Cork County.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭thejollyrodger

great to see cork go through. :D

Originally posted by Illkillya
    Cork City is not the only club in Cork County.

its the only one in the Eircom Premier League .
    But im sure Cobh will be up there next season :rolleyes: .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,372 ✭✭✭Illkillya

Originally posted by Big Ears
    its the only one in the Eircom Premier League .
    But im sure Cobh will be up there next season :rolleyes: .
    No, Cobh won't be up there next season, it is very optimistic of you to think so. And well spotted that City are the only Cork club in the eircom premier league, I had never noticed that (I always thought Droghed United were from Cork too)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

Drogheda Utd are from Drogheda in County Louth, gwan teh drogs

Originally posted by Illkillya
    No, Cobh won't be up there next season, it is very optimistic of you to think so. And well spotted that City are the only Cork club in the eircom premier league, I had never noticed that (I always thought Droghed United were from Cork too)

em u seem an expierenced member of boards so u should know that that smiley I inscerted was sarcasm .

and in Kdjac's post he said :yes but know he has a whole county to himselfin Dublin he was competing with 6 other teams .

U said :Cork City is not the only club in Cork County .

I said : its the only one in the Eircom Premier League .

and of course u made that comment about Drogheda .

but my point was if they are the only Cork team in the Eircom Premier League then they not really competting with other Cork teams properly .(only in the cups )

Citys only real local rival is Waterford*.

Limerick and Copbh are both joke club. I know Lims beat us a few wks ago in the league cup, but they are most likely going to drop out of the league at the end of this season, and they will be no loss, as their debacle a few wks ago, away to Bray proved. They brought 12 players, and their regular keeper had to play upfront. Its a pity that the people of Limerick (and by all accounts theri board) are so apathetic to senior Football.

As for Cobh? Well they showed their intelligence recently, by selling tickets for their Roy Keane game outside the ground on the day of a match. Had they even charged people €3 to get in and then sold the tickets to people with match stubs, they would have made upwards of €20k. As it stands, apparenly many Cobh season ticket holdrs, as well as many youth team coaches didnt get tickets.

*Heres wishing Waaahefurh well in their impending battle with relegation ;)

Advertisement