Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How Can a banmd wih one 35minute long album headline Oxeygen!!!

Options
  • 03-07-2004 10:48pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭

i mean come on its a very short album and it is unlikely they would play new stuff for fear of bootlegging. this is stupid david bowie should be replaced by somebody who can at least fill his time slot.bump muse up to the main stage even and put the darkness on the nme stage even if it means that it will be harder to get to the front.
    cant wait to see giveamanakick

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 6,524 Mod ✭✭✭✭dregin

GWAN THE GIVEAMANAKICK

I agree with the rest too ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,006 ✭✭✭Baggio

What a good question?..
    nothing against the Darkness,,,they seem a funnn outfit,,,,but what do you expect??...here in this country rock fans are sooo used to mediocracy that it's ineveitable that you all get ripped off, with overrated garbage being touted as world class etc,...take the Chillis.> .that collection of mediocare sapps,,,Flea is a good bassist, the rest?...aaavvveeeeraaaageeee........ their whole persona, and lack of dynamic in their music is unbeleavable for a band so popular with " Rock Fans!", a good friend of mine who is a biiig fan of theirs went to the Park gig recently, when I asked him how it went 2 days after,,,he HAD to admit , they were sooo amaturish it was saddd!,,so many bum notes,,,( of course he had borrowed a Rush dvd from me few nights previous and was hoping for a similar level of class, musicianship and talent,hahhha what a hope!!) and for once I hadn't to say a word about good/bad/indifferent etc,,,do they or any of the lame acts that come here match up with the TRUE class acts of Rock/Metal...naa of course not,,their muppets supported by muppets,,,what more needs to be said.
    Do yourself a favour my man....get to see Rush in the UK ,,,then you'll understand the yawning gap between what is hyped up over here as "superstars", supergroups", megastars" etc etc,,,,and the REALLL thing.

ciao' amigo....keep rocking...Baggio...................

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

im not going to it but if i was it wouldnt be for the music, the lineup is disapointing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭dimerocks

no i think the line up is preety good i am normally a metal man but a lot of buddies were going so i said id give it a shot so ill go to see kings of leon for definete and muse and ash the rest of the time il spend on new band stage finding new acts.
    baggio i posted the exact same thing about chilis in the thread about overrated bands good man yourself the chilis are a pile of tripe!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,902 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

have to say i cant argue either, the chillis are the most over-rated pile of bs ever.... ok their earlier stuff was good but their last few albums is just watered down wallpaper music tbh... there are so many bands out there today struggling that are way better than the chillis.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,945 ✭✭✭D-Generate

The Strokes headlined Reading a few years ago with only one album under their belt. The filled the rest of the show with "Julian's Birthday"
    I was actually happy when Bowie was clashing with Muse because then only dedicated Muse fans would be at their gig leading to a much more enjoyable atmosphere. However now it will end up that about 60,000 will be at the Muse stage because they would have greater pulling power than a novelty act. This means that now I will only get to see a tiny bit of Ash's set if I am to stake out a good position for Muse. Then again I still don't want Muse to be bumped to the main stage because then you would get even more casual listeners of music present. Oh Woe Betide Me!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭lodgepole

Originally posted by D-Generate
    However now it will end up that about 60,000 will be at the Muse stage because they would have greater pulling power than a novelty act.

The tent that Muse are playing in will hold about 10,000 at most. I'll be there early, I don't want to have to listen to them from outside.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,945 ✭✭✭D-Generate

Jebus, I guess I will scout out the venue on the Saturday to see what size it is. Don't want to miss Muse at all. Amazing live act and probably greater live than Ash so I don't mind missing them.
    Does anyone remember that the reason Muse didn't play in Ireland last year during their tour was because MCD didn't think they would sell out the Point or something like that. MCD = Idiots.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 194 ✭✭Carlitos

was anyone at the landsdowne chillis? soooooo bad...new order ROCKED but the chili's were so bad we all started roaring the fields under the stand to entertain ourselvs.man they are poor...is that what ireland is resigned to booking?
    never a chance of getting continental status,germany/holland etc
    have AMAZING festivals,rammstein were a great act even if ther a bit simple etc
    these huge acts never come here - chilis live here ffs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,352 ✭✭✭funky penguin

I'd love to see rammstein play here. Chili's were poor at landsdowne....that place is as bad as phoenix park for playin music. I enjoyed their performance at slane alot, and this years gig didnt live up to what I expected (and I expected alot after €60).

Still love 'em though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭crimsonfire

yeah thats a good idea ya got there. rammstein kick arse. dont have a clue what theyre sayin cos i dont speak german but still they are guten (eh, see what i did there?)

Apparently alot of their lyrics are about love et al. And...you dont need to speak german to know what mutter is...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,330 ✭✭✭radiospan

Rammstein have a new album out soon, maybe they might include Dublin in a UK tour ???

Would be a damn good live band to see. I wouldn't go see RHCP if they were playing across the road.

Ah, come on know.....course you would

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

Why bother? You could hear them fine from the sofa...

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭crimsonfire

on the subject of oxegen i heard that muse have also pulled out. im not goin to oxegen so it dont bother me that much but still it sucks all the same.

Advertisement