Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

svp.co.uk - international carrier or royal mail delivery?

Options
  • 04-07-2004 1:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 20,995 ✭✭✭✭

Ordering off www.svp.co.uk and it's offering me "International Carrier" delivery for £11 and "Royal mail" delivery for £12. Which one is better?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,107 ✭✭✭John R

International carrier is Parcelforce/gls and it is quick; 1-2 days. Despite the well documented grief that gls deliveries from USA seem to incur I have never had any problem with svp deliveries.

Royal mail would be regular post and judging from orders from other companies (mainly amazon.co.uk) I would say it would take about 1 week, maybe more.

note: I have always been in when the gls courier arrived so I don't know what the situation with undelivered parcels is but by all accounts dealing with their all but non-existant CS department is something to be avoided. If the An post order is not delivered you have to pick it up at your local sorting office within three days.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 358 ✭✭dogz

ive used both, Royal mail will take bout 4 days to be delivered from when payment is recieved and parcel carrier about 3, used both and never had a problem with either, i ordered a dual layer dvd writer from them today with 75 discs delivery is only 11

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,669 ✭✭✭DMT

An Post >> GLS

Avoid GLS like the plague...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭cartman

avoid gls > i thought that aswell

but its wrong,
    GLS from svp rock, i ordered 100dvdrs and a case and used the internation carrier, ordered at 7/30 pm on monday night, had its on weds morning, i thought it was amazing,

i wasnt expecting it for about 2weeks from hearing stuff from gls,

go with gls , you wont be dissapointed

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,123 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

I think GLS reliability depends on where you're living

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

I've had GLS deliveries to Limerick from SVP and it only took 2 days. Same for several orders. Friends ordered from Komplett and choose GLS and again delivery was about 2-3 days. Maybe it's only in Dublin they have trouble?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,040 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

have had two recent orders with SVP, both went in on an Monday afternoon, both delivered on the Wednesday morning to the midlands
    excellent postage service in my experience, the £11 option

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. EDDI, hot water cylinder, roof rails...

Public Profile active ads for slave1 (adverts.ie)

Advertisement