Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vice-City

Options
  • 04-07-2004 5:10pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,951 ✭✭✭

I dont get it. I just dont get this game, its supposed to be a brilliant game, ive tried giving it a chance a few times but always end up uninstalling it. The graphics are poor, even on a high end pc, theyre just nothing about the game that i like. Anyone else feel this way?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

No.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

kids these days:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,951 ✭✭✭L5

Originally posted by tman
    kids these days:rolleyes:

why do you say that? Im not a "kid" Im 22. Ive played it for several hours trying to get into it, hoping it would get interesting, but no. This game is way overhyped in my opinion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

ah, sorry man. i'm just used to underage kids complaining about not being able to "get" vice city...
    the age rating is there for a reason ffs:rolleyes:

i loved gtaIII like my own child from the first time i played it on a mates ps2, and vice city's take on the overly kitsch 80's appealed to me on so many levels. it's quite possibly my favourite game of all time... i can't really understand how anybody could not like it:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭kurtmark22

Never played it on PC but I loved the PS2 version.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,700 ✭✭✭Loobz

One of the best games ever conceived. Im playing through it again - Modern Mod.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

Nor can I understand how you didn't like this.

L5 did you play GTA III at all? I think you appreciate Vice City a whole lot more when you've played GTA III to death.

Also, I dunno how you didn't find anything interesting considering there's is quite a lot to do in the game. Of course it's the little things that make it more interesting, such as the whole Scarface deal and things like that.

Roll on San Andreas.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭bizmark

Well he does have a point about the graphics there ****e for a pc pop up is terrible even with a 9800pro the gameplay makes up for it though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Graphics dont make a game ,gameplay does VC has that in abundance, damn kdis and there "it must look good or else its crap"

Modern mod?

kdjac

Look it is doesn’t use ps 2.0 and havoc physics it just isn’t worth playing now adays :p

the only mod iv found for gta vice city is liberty city

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 14,080 Mod ✭✭✭✭monument

Don't worry, maybe you're just not the type that likes playing the missions...

OR shooting/beating random people, getting chased by the police, robbing shops, just driving around, doing stunts on motorbikes, steeling random cars, steeling police/taxies/ambulances & then acting as their drivers, and more (all within the game, of course).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,951 ✭✭✭L5

Originally posted by monument
    Don't worry, maybe you're just not the type that likes playing the missions...

OR shooting/beating random people, getting chased by the police, robbing shops, just driving around, doing stunts on motorbikes, steeling random cars, steeling police/taxies/ambulances & then acting as their drivers, and more (all within the game, of course).

Ive seen all that in the game and it doesnt impress me, the AI is rubbish

I'm playing GTA Vice City - Modern Mod.

Basically:
    Cheetah = Ferrari Enzo
    PCF 600 = Ducatti 996

the list goes on and on.....................

All vehicles in the game are modelled on real life cars. Its excellent.

The only thing is all radio stations are gone, so too are all dialogue (cept the subtiltles).

But its one helluva mod in my opinion.

link ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 867 ✭✭✭l3rian

it could be so much better

better aiming + shooting

high resolution cars

explodable landscape and buildings

ability to swim

better ai

more realism escaping from the cops, not a meter with stars

it maybe a few years before all these features can be included, but at least theyve gotten this far

Dont have a link for Modern Mod - however..........

San Andreas

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,391 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I hate people who don't like games just because the graphics are crap. Shame on you! I hope evil things befall you and your kind. May you never experience the joys of Super Metroid, Rocket Knight Adventures and their ilk. I curse you to be forced to play soulless first person shooters by legend and Raven software and other denizens of lazy games developement forever.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭Pacifico

Originally posted by Loobz
    Dont have a link for Modern Mod - however..........

Why? How would one get it then? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,460 ✭✭✭shinzon

Bit of googling does wonders

http://www.download.com/3000-7505-10248421.html

I believe this is the one anyways

Shin

Im not sure if that is it but tis worth a try. Its the best thing Ive played. I gives you such an incentive to rob a car and crush it to a thousand pieces! Especially when it has a Lambourghini, Ferrari, BMW or Merc emblem on the bonnet!!! Buwhawhawha!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,266 ✭✭✭Rnger

Originally posted by Retr0gamer
    May you never experience the joys of Super Metroid, Rocket Knight Adventures and their ilk.

those games have good gfx mate

he also never said the game was bad because of poor gfx, merely stating that he thought they were

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Real B-man

great easier to play on the ps2 thow but have the advantage of mods on the pc hopefully this will happen with san andreas now with the bb adapter

• Registered Users Posts: 1,935 ✭✭✭eyerer

basically more of what GTA III offered, which was fine for me
    a few little qweeks (<-how do you spell that?) which added a little bit more

i think i preferred GTA III though, if not simply because of the awe factor
    roll on SA, just another year for the pc version :rolleyes:
    well, sonys little exclusivity contracts won't be making me buy a ps2

anyway, i hope they fix the horrible pop up in the next one, its very annoying to turn around to get a car or whatever and its disappeared

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Originally posted by eyerer

anyway, i hope they fix the horrible pop up in the next one, its very annoying to turn around to get a car or whatever and its disappeared

isnt that pop out?

kdjac

• Registered Users Posts: 1,935 ✭✭✭eyerer

that too

• Registered Users Posts: 1,823 ✭✭✭Horsefumbler

Originally posted by L5
    I dont get it. I just dont get this gameAnyone else feel this way?
    You must be bent

I played it before gta3 and i don't like that. But thats coz it's just inferior in everyway

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 14,080 Mod ✭✭✭✭monument

Originally posted by Horsefumbler
    You must be bent

Horsefumbler, no name calling.

I'd me greatfull if you, Horsefumbler, could do that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,766 ✭✭✭robbie1876

GTA San Andreas will be PS2 only?? Just read that and dont believe it. But it was on the internet so it must be true. Anybody know any different?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

It will probably be PS2 only in the same way that Vice City and GTA3 were - i.e. for 6.-8 months, after which it will make an appearance on the PC, and then probably the xbox soon after.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,581 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

Probably be exclusive on PS2 for anywhere between six months and a year, with the inevitable XBox and PC ports after that.

Advertisement