Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DVP-NS 705 DVD/SACD Player

• 04-07-2004 5:14pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭

The Sony Centres have the dvpns705 for €149 at the moment. very good dvd player that has sacd aswell. Just thought people looking for a sacd player might be interested. Cheapest i could see it online was around €155.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

is it multi-region?

/me is in the market for a decent DVD player

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 954 ✭✭✭ChipZilla

Most if not all Sony's need to be chipped for multi-region, which will add a nice bit to the cost.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Not true, none of the sonys need to be chipped.

its not multi region, but they can be done using a pda. So anyone with a pda or a laptop with an ir port can do it for free. They are doing it in the shop aswell, im sure you could bargain them for a deal.

Sony Centres are making their DVD players multi-region in store? I don't think the Sony Corporation would be too happy about that...

chipping a dvd inalidate sthe warranty, remote unlocking doesnt, as nothing has been opened/modified. Why should Sony care? if it doesnt invalidate the warranty then sony have nocaus eto object as it doesnt infringe on their t&c's

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

Their publishing subsidaries might

It's being openly advertised in the window so im sure its not an issue.

Originally posted by Stekelly
    chipping a dvd inalidate sthe warranty, remote unlocking doesnt, as nothing has been opened/modified. Why should Sony care? if it doesnt invalidate the warranty then sony have nocaus eto object as it doesnt infringe on their t&c's

Sony Corp. is a member of the DVD Forum (the organisation which sets DVD standards, including region coding) and they would definitely have something to say about a franchised dealer using the Sony name to sell gear which bypasses the region coding they had a hand in creating.

Whereabouts is this Sony Centre? The one in Cork isn't advertising the 705 as a multi-region player or the fact that they might make it multi-region for you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭Stuff

The one on O'Connell Street in Dublin has them. They are franchises so the offer is probably only in that group of stores

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 423 ✭✭Cosworth

Originally posted by Stekelly
    Not true, none of the sonys need to be chipped.

its not multi region, but they can be done using a pda. So anyone with a pda or a laptop with an ir port can do it for free.

Any more info on how to do this as i have both.
    I am going to buy the dvd player this week and i dont want to give www.dvdireland.com 60 euro to make it region free.

• Advertisement

the software you need is called Omniremote. then you need the hack. Ill try and find out 2moro and let you know, i kmow a guy who got it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,413 ✭✭✭HashSlinging

I bought one on saturday for 165. liffey valley sony.

It must be only the peats sony centres that have it for €149 so. http://www.peats.ie/ second item down on main page.

Advertisement