Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

windows 2000 sp4 cd

Options
  • 04-07-2004 5:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,660 ✭✭✭

I really want this cd as the only internet access I have is by modem, and I'm not spending hours downloading the updates on each of the three computers that I need to update. So my question is does anyone have this cd and is willing to send me a copy?? This would be a huge big favour if somebody could do that for me :) If nobody does have I would also like to know how to lay my hands on it as it seems you can only order it from the us or canada.

Baz_

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 834 ✭✭✭fragile

Where are you based, if in Limerick I can probably get you a copy of it

• Registered Users Posts: 2,660 ✭✭✭Baz_

I'm in dublin and I would be much appreciative if you could post it to me since I dont have many trips to Limerick in the near future :)

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭homerzero

send me an S.A.E and ill send it by return

• Registered Users Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

http://www.microsoft.com/ireland/security/protect/order.asp

MS will send it out for free, as well as a host of patches, took 2 weeks for me

Just pm'd you homerzero thanks for the offer mate :)

• Advertisement

thanks for that direct link baz #2 ;), I've been trying to go through the three steps for ages but everytime I choose my os and click go it goes to the "Find out which os your pc is running" page, very frustrating, in fact I had just given up, and now I have found some salvation thanks to you :).

I still would like the service pack cd too.

Baz_

p.s. Were you doing your degree this year, and if so how did you do?

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭homerzero

pm sent

any other patches updates you require pm me

• Registered Users Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

You get two cd's. one with patches for XP/2k as well as sp4 and other fixes, the second cd contains anti virus/firewall software

Yup, im finally finished college, got a Degree in IT Management (means i can delegate the burger flippers)

Thanks for all your help guys, but I finally got through that cd ordering system and the cd should be winging its way to me soon enough so I shouldnt need to bother homerzero, even though he offered to let me bother him (okay this is starting to sound perverted). Anyway its the winter 2004 version that theyre sending me (I guess that means either it was released in January, or that I'll be safe until christmas), so if anyone wants me to send them a copy drop me a pm as I'll be distributing it to family and friends as it is.

Anyway thanks again to everyone :)

Baz_

P.S. Congrats to BazH, may your burger flipping delegation bring you great fortunes ;)

Advertisement