Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Leinster Final

• 04-07-2004 5:38pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,587 ✭✭✭

As the girlfriends Dad is a yellow belly Ill make this a short post as he is about to ply me with alcohol.
    They did just about enough to deserve the win only 1 other keeper in the country could have played that well but would have been lucky to. Fitzy is probably going to win MOTM for carrying his entire team for 35 mins the rest of them didnt show up atall for the first half.

Excellent show in the 2nd half and a good game overall more of the same please!!!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,984 ✭✭✭Big Ears

Its performances like that , why I would rate him the second best goalie in Ireland :p .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,330 ✭✭✭✭Amz

I'm delighted Wexford won (means I get an easier time of it with the mammy this week :D)

I do however agree that Wexford were incredibly lucky that Damien Fitzhenry was on form today, Offaly could well have been three/four goals up by the end of the first half had he not been able to react as quickly and effictively as he did.

Their second half performance was a little more convincing but they'll need to improve on today's show if they're to stand a chance of winning an All Ireland Semi Final.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,307 ✭✭✭cruiserweight

Originally posted by Amz

I do however agree that Wexford were incredibly lucky that Damien Fitzhenry was on form today

Sorry but Fitzhenry is consistantly the best goalkeeper in the country! There is some guy down in tipp who is supposed to be good, but from what I have seen as not as good as Damien!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,322 ✭✭✭Repli

Yeah he played very well.. even stopped the penalty having said that if Wexfords 1st half play continued they would have lost.. Is it possible for Wexford to meet Kilkenny (again) in the final?

• Registered Users Posts: 481 ✭✭Evil_Bilbo

Fitzy is consistently the best in the country and has been robbed of the all star for the last few years.

Sure that Tipp goaly is excellent, but where as he usually saves, a rebound is usually (eventually) burried past him. Not so with fitzy. He always manages to clear it somehow. He's been saving the team since before 96 - god help us if he ever has an off day (I havent seen ONE yet)

I was in croker yesterday - great game. The first half was very sloppy and the ref slowed up the game by constantly blowing up everything (has he never heard of letting them play advantage?). The atmoshpere was really intense even through the first half - great stuff. A grand day out.

That said - neither team would win an all ireland on a performance like that (unless they were playing each other again :D )

A well deserved win - go on the wexford and go on the fitzy! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,330 ✭✭✭✭Amz

Eh cruiserweight, had he been off form his performance wouldn't have been good. So therefore being on form would mean that he was playing as the "best goalkeeper in the country".

Or am I missing the logic somewhere?

• Registered Users Posts: 481 ✭✭Evil_Bilbo

Even on an off day fitzy could stop a swallow flying through a barn door.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,984 ✭✭✭Big Ears

Without bickering too much a about whose better(il do that later ), Breden Cummins and Damien Fitzhenry are 2 of the greatest goalies ever to grace a hurling field .

Evil Bilbo I beleive your just thinking about that add where Cummins makes 4 saves before the ball goes in the net as ur response as to why he's not as good .

also Cummins made the greatest hurling save of all time aginst Waterford ,even so I think its a close one , as to whose better .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,386 ✭✭✭EKRIUQ

1. Cummins
    2. Fitzhenry
    3. Fitzgerald
    4. Malcom o Green

Advertisement