Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Games that would make good movies/Tv series

Options
  • 04-07-2004 9:04pm
    Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,436 CMod ✭✭✭✭

Every videogame to movie translation of a franchise that has huge potential (example tomb raider) has been far less than stellar. In fact the only decent two i know of is Mortal Kombat and Resident Evil which while not groundbreaking were at least enjoyable dumb movies. And then there is mario bros. and street fighter. We can also look forward to John Woos bastardisation of Metroid.

Movie execs take note. These are just some of the games you should be making into films. And guess what. Theres no need to change their already great storylines. I know this because I have far too much time on my hands to think this up (summer time security job does that to you).

Panzer Dragoon Orta

This game would make a great mini tv series. Not only does each level give a fantastic excuse for an over the top action scene per episode with lots of experimental camera and CGI work but Orta is one of best best and most believable characters ever created for videogames. When Orta finally breaks down to tears in front of mobos leader and when she finds out who she really is in the cestern computer system are absolutely heartwrenching scenes. A little more background on her would be more than welcome. All it needs is a studio to make a complete **** up of it.

Metal Gear Solid

All metal gear games apart from sons of liberty are paced just like the classic anime film Ninja Scroll. If you follow Ninja Scrolls formula a competent action director could easily make a great 3 hour action film out of any of the Metal Gear games. The stories and characters are already excellent so there is no need to tamper with it.

Final Fantasy VI / VII / X

The three best Final Fantasy games could easily be adapted into fantastic tv series. The only problem would be the proles in front of their telescreens just 'not getting it'.

Suikoden 1+2

Fantastic epic storyline and characters with lots of opportunities for large scale battles. Both stories would make an excellent tv series. After seeing UTV's production of Boudica there should be no problem for a large studio to do impressive battle scenes with far more money.

My rant is now over until I can think of any more.

Please post your thoughts or better yet any of your ideas

And on a final note before you think about posting it, Half-Life would not make a good film.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,266 ✭✭✭Rnger

Originally posted by Retr0gamer
    Praetorian: zelda is no masterpiece

go away!!

yes it is! make a movie of it!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

I'd personally like to see a Metroid movie. But all I can see is it going horribly wrong, it wouldn't really fit in with a movie structure.

Zelda movie would be quality. Much better than LOTR imo. Just as long as they don't get Orlando Bloom to play Link......now I can't imagine anyone else playing him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 833 ✭✭✭Stormfox1020

That matrix game would make a decent film :D . But imo, i think that one of the GTA games would make a decent movie. Ninja gaiden would make an alright Jap' beat em up film, and Unreal Tornament aswell (sort of like a Rollerball but with guns)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,005 ✭✭✭Creature

Resident Evil would make a great film.........yup can't wait for someone make a RE film.......

I'd love to see a Silent Hill film, it has the makings of a great psycological horror. I heard something about a film being made based on it ages ago but I haven't heard anything solid since.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭CombatCow

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,421 ✭✭✭weemcd

Originally posted by Stormfox1020
    i think that one of the GTA games would make a decent movie.

See goodfellas/ usual suspects/ the godfather :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Originally posted by Combatcow
    *cough* erm creature

:eek:

http://www.sonypictures.com/movies/residentevilapocalypse/

CombatCow

Which is part 2 as 1st one out about 2 years now :D

Good movie second looks good too.

kdjac

Aye i liked the first....second looks twice as good if you know wot i mean.

1.jpg

:D
    CombatCow

• Registered Users Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭bizmark

Where the hell is the male lead guy from the game i mean this is basicly Re 2 right ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Lead guy is gonna be that long armed guy in pat3 , which is based on part 3 of the game. ahh nemisis is his name.
    The bite on the arm gave it away in part1 :)

kdjac

• Advertisement

FFS who cares.....dont make me post another pic of the ladies...:rolleyes:

CombatCow

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Originally posted by bizmark
    Where the hell is the male lead guy from the game i mean this is basicly Re 2 right ?
    nope, it seems to be based on resident evil 3 - nemesis.
    shame really, i was looking forward to a bit of Claire Redfield action:(
    Jill will have to do:rolleyes:

personally, i'd love to see Flashback made into a film. Max Payne too:)

Never played RE3 is that the one where the city was nuked?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,421 ✭✭✭weemcd

Originally posted by tman

personally, i'd love to see Flashback made into a film. Max Payne too:)

Yeah a max payne film would win

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

The voice over would sound incredibly cheesy in a film.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Originally posted by Stormfox1020
    But imo, i think that one of the GTA games would make a decent movie.
    GtaIII = Payback
    Vice City = Scarface mostly
    Never played RE3 is that the one where the city was nuked?
    yep. it gets nuked at the end of resi 2 as well iirc, seeing as both games take place at more or less the same time.
    resi 3 is all about Jill Valentine trying to escape from Racoon city, all the while being pursued by 'Nemesis' - a far superiour version of the tyrant from resi 1 (well... the game at least:confused: )

My brother got re 3 for the gamecube (jesus the graphics are shocking) i might tear myself away from battlefield veitnam in order to play it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,730 ✭✭✭✭simu

Sim City - an epic tale of city building and urban planning.

Seriously - I'd love that.

Can you help me build a city in sim city 4 im truely crap at it god damn jobs and customers etc do my head in i cant adjust from sim city 1 2,3

cant wait for the upcoming Alien versus Predator film tbh

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,560 ✭✭✭Woden

/me recall cheesy teaser trailer

"whoever wins, we will lose"

lmao

i can see it now...

**** story, **** dialogue, **** characters, kick ass alien and pred gfx

*cough* erm creature

vortal_pic_13006.jpg

http://www.sonypictures.com/movies/residentevilapocalypse/

CombatCow

Ack I was ignoring the RE film because it was crap you halfwit! Yeesh I might aswell go and drown myself in a bucket of cold water now!

Sure whatever....you fcuking loved it...be honest.:D

CombatCow

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,730 ✭✭✭✭simu

Originally posted by bizmark
    Can you help me build a city in sim city 4 im truely crap at it god damn jobs and customers etc do my head in i cant adjust from sim city 1 2,3

Do you have the expansion pack? It allows you to pick one of 3 difficulty levels and generally improves things as well.
    I agree that the game is a lot harder than the ones that came before it without this pack.

Sure whatever....you fcuking loved it...be honest.:D

CombatCow

Ok....but only because of Ms. Jovovich :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 833 ✭✭✭Stormfox1020

How about Halo? That would make a decent film, but itll probably look like Starship Troopers.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,065 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

the resident evil movie was ****e , CGI zombies.... :rolleyes:

Although the women were nice :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,436 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I'd love to see the first too grandia games turned into a kids cartoon series. It could almost be as good as samurai jack.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭Swifty

I'd like to see a Time Crisis movie. They could use the excellent "SOME FOREIGN LAD HAS NUCLER WEAPONS ON A REMOTE ISLAND AND YOU HAVE TO KEEL HIM BEFOER THE TIEM RUNS OUT" plot.

Advertisement