Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Games that would make good movies/Tv series

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

Apparently Miyamoto got his ideas for Zelda from the movie Legend, Tom Cruise is a very Linkesque character in it alright...

Personally I'd like to see a Tetris movie, Johnny Depp would be just perfect as the L-shaped block...

Al Pacino would make a good Pac-man, the pill popping vietnam vet haunted by the ghosts of his past....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,266 ✭✭✭Rnger

Starcraft!

I can't believe no one mentioned this yet. If it was done well it could be amazing

• Registered Users Posts: 8,975 ✭✭✭Big Ears

Pro evo 3 / winning eleven internationel 7 .

or Championship Manager 03/04 .

rise of nations .

Command and conquer Generals . oh wait the United States is fighting the GLa right now , with China on the sidelines .

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 14,083 Mod ✭✭✭✭monument

Originally posted by Stormfox1020
    How about Halo? That would make a decent film, but itll probably look like Starship Troopers.

How about a making Halo multiplayer into a comedy... you never know it might be good.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,136 ✭✭✭Pugsley

Whoever mentioned a zelda film at the start of this thread, there was an animated series made about Zelda, needless to say it was rather pap :)

I think Thief could make a decent film, as could UT (hey it has a sort of plot, a hollywood type plot), and Starcraft could definately make a decent film, as could Warcraft come to think of it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭Ph3n0m

I would say

Thief
    Max Payne/Streets of LA/etc

and for pure anime cutness and vio-lence, let Manga do C.R.E.A.T.U.R.E.S - the torture scenes would own!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,522 ✭✭✭Dr. Loon

Originally posted by Swifty
    I'd like to see a Time Crisis movie. They could use the excellent "SOME FOREIGN LAD HAS NUCLER WEAPONS ON A REMOTE ISLAND AND YOU HAVE TO KEEL HIM BEFOER THE TIEM RUNS OUT" plot.

That's pretty much every James Bond movie out there! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,613 ✭✭✭Big Nelly

Far Cry!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Originally posted by neilbrady79
    Far Cry!!
    yeah, Arnie would make a great Jack Carver:rolleyes:

"He was trigen to make friends"

Originally posted by Combatcow
    Aye i liked the first....second looks twice as good if you know wot i mean.

1.jpg

:D
    CombatCow

Never seen this or heard of it? cant find on play or anything? where cud I buy?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Never seen this or heard of it? cant find on play or anything? where cud I buy?
    Resident Evil should be easy to find on play (i'm sure i saw it in on of their offers recently... might be in the 3 for £20 one...)
    the second one - Apocalypse - is due out in the cinemas soon

it hass Jill Vallentine in it:)

Originally posted by tman
    Resident Evil should be easy to find on play (i'm sure i saw it in on of their offers recently... might be in the 3 for £20 one...)
    the second one - Apocalypse - is due out in the cinemas soon

it hass Jill Vallentine in it:)

Sorry mate must be losing it! though u meant that the one with Janovich(sp) was the second one! seen first one alright on the Sky movies! it was ok!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,314 ✭✭✭Nietzschean

Originally posted by Rnger
    Starcraft!

I can't believe no one mentioned this yet. If it was done well it could be amazing

I'd agree but i'm 99% sure it'd be ****ed up by a studio(if done right tho, could have a trillogy of the different campain's and twould be class.....),

ground control 2 would be deadly as a film

max payne 2 is really already a film... ;)

One/Both of the splinter cell's perhaps...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,905 ✭✭✭User45701

KOTOR
    CnC Tiberian Dawn
    CnC Tiberian Sun
    Max Payne
    Doom 1/2/3
    FreeLancer

• Registered Users Posts: 1,982 ✭✭✭ObeyGiant

Originally posted by Big Ears
    Pro evo 3 / winning eleven internationel 7 .
    Shaolin Soccer?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 947 ✭✭✭neXus9

Far Cry!!
    There was a rumour that the director of house of the dead was going to direct a film of this.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

John Woo has already signed up to direct the Metroid film, but he's put it on hold to do some other game film, but i can't remember what it is.

i'd love to see a max payne film, although the second game was as good as a movie. actually better than most.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,436 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

If they did a max payne movie they would have to change the story substantially. The two games had a laughably bad and predictable script.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,155 ✭✭✭ykt0di9url7bc3

loaded great characters thrown into mindless action and humour...

Duke Nukem maybe we will get the film before the game

Twisted metal & Twisted metal world tour easily done, with again great characters and action, 2 easy films there

Vigalante 8 its twisted metal but swap the surreul for the 70's

Deus Ex would make a great mini series

imho Racing games wouldnt make great films, or puzzle games
    /me shudders @ The Cube 4: Dr. Robotnic's playground

most of the above would be the mindles summer action flick, but with all the characters/locations laid out already its funny why writers dont mock up screenplays and production companies see an easy buck to be made....

and then there are films/TV programmes that are crying out to be made into games

Barberella (lara can get lost down a well for all I care)
    Takeshi's castle (4 player madness)
    Bargin Hunt
    shuan of the dead (survival humour)

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

Takeshi's Castle is pretty much Super Mario Sunshine...

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,436 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

If you want a duke nukem film just look at they live and evil dead 3. Duke isn't the most original character.

Lo Wang from Shadow Warrior should definitely have his own film.

'Lo Wang soap you good!'

Yeah, shadow warrior was brilliant, thought it was much better than Duke Nukem. He was hilarious.

When he looks in the mirror: "That's no ordinary Wang".

When he slices a guy in half with his sword "look you coming in two"

With the rabbits bouncing around shagging.:p

• Registered Users Posts: 767 ✭✭✭nesthead

erm......Doom

• Closed Accounts Posts: 590 ✭✭✭regeneration

Atm Im replaying it for the first time in 3 years, but I have to say it - Starcraft would be deadly.
    The Fall and Rise of Lt. Kerrigan in itself would be a fantastic plot idea; anti-hero, darth vader type with a steadily darker and darker plotline. All hail the Queen of blades! ;)
    Or the treachery of Arcturus Mensgk, or the honour of the Protoss - all set against the backdrop of LoTR scale battle scenes and great looks, and LOTS of southern yokels in battle suits ;)

That or a cinematic version of Monkey Island or Broken Sword.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭bizmark

Those star trek games might make good movies or tv progs :p

Doom should make a good film god bless us though as they seem to want the rock to play the lead role

• Closed Accounts Posts: 590 ✭✭✭regeneration

Originally posted by bizmark
    Those star trek games might make good movies or tv progs :p

Doom should make a good film god bless us though as they seem to want the rock to play the lead role
    The people's chainsaw anyone? ;)

I heard once there was a rumour that they wanted Ben affleck to play duke Nukem. He certainly would look like Duke if he bleached his hair.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭bizmark

BEN AFFLECk ! hes like the ****ing anti duke in real life big girly boy

• Registered Users Posts: 6,421 ✭✭✭weemcd

arnie is the only real contender for duke imo, a us cigar smoking love child of his would be better tho.

always thought the mgs games would be excellent films, they kind of are with all the vidoes in them

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,838 ✭✭✭DapperGent

Grim Fandango - animated directed by Tim Burton.

Advertisement