Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pings in action

Options
  • 04-07-2004 10:06pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 833 ✭✭✭

sorry about the title first and foremost. anyway my question is, do bb pings go up and down depending on if people are spraying everywhere (COD). With 56k they soar if everyone is SMG'ing (Noob's) while us rifle people suffer majorly. Just wondering if that happens with bb aswell or do you get a fixed ping.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

not fixed but doesnt jump up and down by decades like 56k

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Real B-man

wish they would fix that :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,918 ✭✭✭Deadwing

With COD ive never noticed one bit of lag at all, no matter how many people are firing off SMG's (tho im a rifle man myself too :))
    What i have noticed is, in bfv, when you get more than one vehicle playing music in the same area, it laaaaaaaaaaaaags. Even when theres only one vehicle, the music still sounds like its being played on a slowed down tape deck anyway. (and thats with a ping of 10-15 on navan)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,980 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

The more bandwidth you have the lower the ping spikes generally. So a 2mb leased line might see a spike of 10% in battles.

Of course it has to be a good server in the first place.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Also needs good netcode , BF and BFv have crap netcode (that sound issue isnt lag its your pcs soundcard not being setup right) Some Quake based games have decent netcode COD MOH are not them. They have crap netcode.

game devs spending too much time on lovely game drather than pioneering good netcode, RTCW and ET both quake based games were built with netcode in mind right from the start hence they rather good to play online.

kdjac

• Advertisement

Originally posted by KdjaC
    Also needs good netcode , BF and BFv have crap netcode (that sound issue isnt lag its your pcs soundcard not being setup right)

If thats the case then why does the music play fine in single player mode? I doubt its my card tbh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

1 source of music plays fine in single player, when online the sound isnt really coming from the other player ,its a command sent to your PC where the sound files are that plays 2 at one time.

Can disable hearing music in the game to fix it or set your sound card to a lower quality which 99.9% of people have to do as the sound in BF games is a major problem.

kdjac

cheers kdjac, ill try that :)

Advertisement