Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Master and Margarita

Options
  • 04-07-2004 10:07pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭

Has anyone read any of Bulgakov's work, and if so have you read this book?

I'm about half way through it, fornthe 5th time, and I must say it's still as good as the first time I read it, one of the greats IMHO.

Anyone else enjoy it as much?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,746 ✭✭✭pork99

I read "Heart of a Dog" recently - that was excellent.

I've read about the first 3 chapters of The Master and Margarita - very very good.

I was trying to read it in alternate chapters with Daniel C. Dennett's "Darwin's Dangerous Idea" but the latter book demands so much concentration I'll have to finish it before I get back to The Master and Margarita

Bulgakov was recommended to me by a couple of Russian friends as the best Russian writer ever.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,730 ✭✭✭✭simu

I've read "Heart of a Dog" too - very cool book!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 65 ✭✭Archvillain

I loved Master and Margherita. One of those books that's just a complete pleasure to read. Bulgakov is an absolute master. Check out his short stories too!

Advertisement