Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Avoid GAME - they suck

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,560 ✭✭✭Woden

Originally posted by smiaras
    Actually you'd probably have to take that up with the manufacturer

i doubt it, under the act the retailer is responsible for any issues not the manufacturer.

you can by all means take it up with the manufacturer though if you want to

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Originally posted by Dataisgod
    i doubt it, under the act the retailer is responsible for any issues not the manufacturer.

you can by all means take it up with the manufacturer though if you want to

Plu sid assume theres a disclaimer in there somewhere. Big companies employ over priced lawyers for a reason you know.

Anyway, thats an odd circumstance so im sure they could accomodate you in some way, but seeing as you sorted it yourself, there is no problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,913 ✭✭✭Absolam

It is true; GAME will take back PC games which are faulty, or unfit for the purpose for which they were sold. Whilst the 10 day policy is gone GAME cannot reduce statutory rights, and I presume wouldn't try to. That said, statutory rights are pretty limited..........

• Registered Users Posts: 9,188 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

couldn't you just say, "When I got it home and read the EULA, I didn't agree with it, so it told me to return the game"

Nope, the EULA is an agreement with the manufacturer entered into after the agreement with the retailer, and doesn't affect your agreement to purchase.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,935 ✭✭✭eyerer

last i checked extravision (in my area) only do PS2 games (way to go:rolleyes: ) so renting pc games isn't gonna happen

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 14,080 Mod ✭✭✭✭monument

Originally posted by smiaras
    Actually you'd probably have to take that up with the manufacturer

Unless it was also printed on the box - as Dataisgod said - it's the retailer's problem

But known Game, they'll pass the cost onto the manufacturer, and then put the game back on the shelf.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,668 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

at least it means when buying a multiplayer game from them, you can know some other little sh*t hasn't used the serial already :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,555 ✭✭✭Wook

what if i buy a game which is bugged to hell and not finished ? a game so badly coded it doesnt even wanne start ? or crashes ?
    example ? : Sacred (MP), KIll switch, theme park world (doesnt seem to run on my pc) I mean , where is the consumer in all this , buy it at your own risk ? is this what this policy is about ? Clearly Pc games with serial numbers can be as faulty as any other, but that's something they have to deal with, no ?

In fairness, most truly buggy titles get recalled, or patched online. However, if a retailer is aware that the product is not fit for sale they should not be selling it in the first place!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 14,080 Mod ✭✭✭✭monument

* "doesn’t seem to run on my pc" * ... does you PC meet all of the min requirements?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,030 ✭✭✭smiaras

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,951 ✭✭✭L5

Slightly off topic, I see GAME on Henry st. have changed the positions of all the stock. Gamecube stuff is now up the front, with PC stuff down the back, it looks like theyre putting less priority on PC games now.....I found it hard to find any recent PC titles in it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,653 ✭✭✭steviec

Originally posted by Wook
    what if i buy a game which is bugged to hell and not finished ? a game so badly coded it doesnt even wanne start ? or crashes ?
    example ? : Sacred (MP), KIll switch, theme park world (doesnt seem to run on my pc) I mean , where is the consumer in all this , buy it at your own risk ? is this what this policy is about ? Clearly Pc games with serial numbers can be as faulty as any other, but that's something they have to deal with, no ?

The only one of those games I've played is Theme Park World and I didn't find it buggy at all. But aside from that bugs are a part of the game, you can't bring an aero back to the shop because it has holes in it. You need to know what you're buying. 99.9% of people who buy PC games have easy access to the internet and all the information they need.
    I have no problem whatsoever with Game not having a no quibble refund policy, if you buy something and it doesn't work they'll refund it but if you buy something and you don't like it there's no reason why they should, cos 90% of people who do that are abusing Game.

I'm not 100% keen on some aspects of Game's policy myself though. My PS2, which I bought there 3 years ago, konked out and I contacted Sony who told me if you bring it back to the shop they will replace it with a new one for 100 quid. Game completely denied this offer existed at all and tried to get me to buy a new one, I ended up getting one from Sony through the post in the end. Sony's service was fantastic by the way, replied to my emails within half an hour and via post the next day.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Originally posted by L5
    Slightly off topic, I see GAME on Henry st. have changed the positions of all the stock. Gamecube stuff is now up the front, with PC stuff down the back, it looks like theyre putting less priority on PC games now.....I found it hard to find any recent PC titles in it.
    Nintendo is paying GAME for product placement this summer. It's the same in all branches, for the summer GC and GBA are up the front.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Originally posted by rainbow kirby
    Nintendo is paying GAME for product placement this summer. It's the same in all branches, for the summer GC and GBA are up the front.
    great time to push your console, nintendo:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Pity they've no good new releases this summer! wish they'd hurry up and release Zelda 4 Swords and Wario Ware Inc (GC) here...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,935 ✭✭✭eyerer

Originally posted by rainbow kirby

probably cheaper at this time of year, i suspect they can't compete for placement at the peak times

• Advertisement
Advertisement