Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sim city 4 help

Options
  • 05-07-2004 1:06am
    Registered Users Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭

Iv been playing sim city 4 on and off for a while tbh its not as fun as the first 3 mostly because i just cant figure out the jobs/customer thing my city always ends up falling apart even though i have a load of money in the bank good schools hospitals etc people just cant find jobs while the businesses cant find customers in a city of over 80,000 people!

I need help :( how do you build a good city in this game

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,730 ✭✭✭✭simu

Oops, I already replied to this in the other thread where you asked!

You should get the expansion pack - it lets you pick from 3 levels of difficulty making the game a lot easier. I agree that in the original version, it was really hard to make a city profitable - you had to keep an eye on every last simoleon!

Starting out, you have to have a lot of industry as well and a good transport service. I've noticed that when you build new residential zones, ppl come to live in them even if there are no jobs available for them in the city so you nearly always have to build new industrials/commercials after building new residentials. It was kinda the opposite in the previous games.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭bizmark

I thank you simu

Pain in the ass that i have to buy the rush hour expansion to make it fun though :( have you noticed how hard it is to build high rise buildings ? 3000 people in one building means you have to build a huge number of schools makeing it impossible to make money

• Registered Users Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭tba

put each use into a different city in one region, then link with public transport

eg

i | i | i
    - - -
    r | r | r
    - - -
    c | r | c

Put the power plants and rubbish tips into the Industrial section
    Gardens, Schools, Hospitals, and rec in to the residential
    Rec and Gardens in to the Commerical

Police and Fire in all

And of course a good transport Infrastructure

Advertisement