Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Security codes

Options
  • 05-07-2004 3:09am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 630 ✭✭✭

em whats the deal with Security Codes is there anyway off unlocking them ? i wanna reset my phone to factory settings.

and id say ur heard this sort off question a hundreds off times but can u help ! :D

But please help thanks !:)

i got a nokia 3200 !

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,027 ✭✭✭flywheel

hi, default is 12345 (re: p13 in the manual), unless you've changed it and can't remember it now?

BrianG

• Closed Accounts Posts: 630 ✭✭✭LastIrishMonkey

i have tried 12345 but didnt work at all ! :confused:

i dont know what too do ? and i never ever changed it

• Registered Users Posts: 9,005 ✭✭✭mad m

u will need to get urself serial cables like one described in link ok....its a piece of piss once uve got cables....

here

• Registered Users Posts: 4,027 ✭✭✭flywheel

you could also try contacting a Nokia Service point close to you - they should be able to sort you out if you aren't up for getting cables and tinkering with 3rd party software yourself

Nokia Service Points in Ireland

BrianG

• Registered Users Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

I changed mine a while ago but could not remember it. spent the last 3 days trying to reset it. After 5 attempts it dissables it for 5 mins. Anyway finally got it yesterday.. yay :D

AS for fixing it? Short of remembering there is NO way apart from a firmware update to sort it. Not even with a serial cable. You can format the whole phone and set back to defaults and it will STILL be there.

Using a serial cable you "might" be able to use nokia tools software but its not designed for it. Its just possible it might though. better off taking somewhere and get done under warranty if you can.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭mrblack

I got my 6310's security code reset yesterday by GSM solutions behind Supermacs of O Connell Street for E25. Took them all of 3 minutes! I hadn't used the phone for a few months and tried for hours to remember the code before I gave in.

Advertisement